SAU Community

Idle @ 2000 Rpm

Good Morning All,

Just after some wee help this morning. Just have the car a quick squirt and then once I slowed to park I found it was idling at 2000 rev's... I turned the car off and on and still doing it. I did a quick search on the forums and found that it could be either a vacuum leak or the air regulator. I am now at work and don't have anything on me to fix or play with. I was going to reset the ecu at lunch and see if this does it but that's about it. Just wondering if the car will be safe to drive home and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I am new to the whole Skyline world so anything will help. I think this might be what I need to do but seeing as I am a novice I thought I'd get some thoughts on it aswell http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/69151-air-regulator-maintenance/page__p__1280483__hl__idling+at+2000__fromsearch__1#entry1280483 .

Thanks for anyones help!

As an update, i just started it up again not too long ago and it is now idling at 1000 RPM. And forgot to include the car is a R34 GT-T which has FMIC, 3 Inch TB Exhaust and Boost Controller set to 10.5 PSI. Again after anybody's experiences with a similar or same issue. I have used the search function and found some good information but some of it goes over my head...

High idle is hardly anything to get excited about in terms of using the car.

As you said in the first post, you know what the possible causes are.

You just need to investigate now really, not much more people can say to help you without investigations having been done.

Resetting the ECU will do nothing.

Well the issue is now completely gone. I have started the car up 3 or 4 times and it is now idling back at the 750ish mark. I also took the car for a test drive and gave it a little bit and everything is fine. So my assumption at this stage is that it cannot be a vacuum leak as the car would still be doing it. May need to clean the AAC? Could a dirty AAC cause the issue and then dissappear? As I don't know a whole great deal about turbo charged cars I was wondering if I was to give the car a very big squirt and then instantly ease off of the accelerator is it possible that due to the age of the car the ecu couldn't keep up and got stuck with a defined set of information? I will clean my MAF and ensure it working ok any other ideas anyone?

Just as an update plus some extra information I probably should of put in the original post ....

The car is now idling normally and I have taken it for quite a few drives and given it a boot just to check it isn't the TPS. Not sure what it could have been? But anyways the day before it happened I just got my new dump/front and cat installed along with a new O2 sensor. I reset the ecu when i got it home and the next morning when I gave it a boot quickly is when it happened. Has anyone else a similar experience? Not too worried but just after discussion or thoughts?