SAU Community

Prescription Drugs

GTR-N1

Back on strong pain meds myself atm. Have a lower back problem that sees me on codeine on a regular basis, but ive separated two ribs from the cartilage in my chest which means the doc has stuck me back on oxy. He gave me 10 days worth, but from what im reading the damn ribs will take 6+ weeks to heal, which means in a week or so, if it feels like it has now for the last fortnight, then im going to be in intense pain again.

Shits me how the doctor + the hospital said the only treatment is to take pain meds and rest, then turn around and only treat it for a few days when im out of it for what seems weeks...?

^ ^ ^ Oxycodone and Codeine can cause constipation too.

Intercostal muscle pain can be intense as well as breakdown of cartilage. Used Rx "Lyrica" as mentioned above recommended by a pharmacist more learned than I?

Chondroitin & Glucosamine supplements help to rebuild cartilage tissue. Cartilage structure is made up of Chondroitin, Glucosamine and Glycan.

To accelerate healing, have you tried Chinese Acupuncture (- not from a Dr, but someone 3yr trained and belongs to the A.A.A.)?

Footballers use them often.

^ ^ ^ Oxycodone and Codeine can cause constipation too.

Intercostal muscle pain can be intense as well as breakdown of cartilage.

To accelerate healing, have you tried Chinese Acupuncture (- not from a Dr, but someone 3yr trained and belongs to the A.A.A.)?

Footballers use them often.

Ive taken some tablets to ensure the regular-ness is there, trust me ive been there before too

Havent tried acupuncture, too damn sore to move. Will look into it and other stuff to help healing once i see the doc again soon.

:cheers: