SAU Community

Defected!

Brood

My vehicle has been defected and I'm to appear in court next month. I'm gonna de-register the car to clear the defect but can someone tell me what happens in court and do I need a lawyer? Never been to court before but I do watch Judge Judy. ;) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I went to court for a defect - it was my first offence as well.

Just pick a court to go to. Turn up, dress smart.

Are you pleading guilty?

I tried not guilty, but in the end the question was asked. Were you driving an illegally modified car?... Yes. $100, 1 point I believe.

Now stuck with me for 3 years :(

The defects were considered major defects and it was at an RBT too. The copper took one look at my car and I knew it was all over. He said that these are dealt by the courts and that if I get caught in any car within 3 years I will have that car impounded for 48hrs. sheeeezzz. What's wrong with this country? I might aswell move back to Japan, where the police are polite and helpful. Their RBT are so funny, they tell you to blow in their face.

I guess I will plead guilty as I was driving an illegally modified car....

i went to court they took my car off me for 48hrs and i got a 300 dollar fine and aslo had to pay for the tow which from kallangur (north brissy) to the city which was 270 and 400 for the impound fee all for doing a limiter launch. sucks to be me

pretty sure the old de-register / re-register trick no longer works as the defect goes against the vehicle's VIN number and not the rego like it use to

My vehicle has been defected and I'm to appear in court next month.

I went to court for a defect - it was my first offence as well.

so what was/were the defect/s for specifically?

Also interested in the above.. (from both of you)

pretty sure the old de-register / re-register trick no longer works as the defect goes against the vehicle's VIN number and not the rego like it use to

When did you hear this?

A friend of mine did this about a month or two ago and kept it unregistered for a few weeks before re-registering.

Also interested in the above.. (from both of you)

"Racing Bucket Seats" caught the eyes of the cops.

Then did the full check.

Sat in and Rev'd - Atmo Bovs apparently... no evidence.

Rear battery was not a sealed/dry cell or enclosed in a box then vented outside of vehicle.

The seats were the only thing that really got me. They took photos.

"Racing Bucket Seats" caught the eyes of the cops.

Then did the full check.

Sat in and Rev'd - Atmo Bovs apparently... no evidence.

Rear battery was not a sealed/dry cell or enclosed in a box then vented outside of vehicle.

The seats were the only thing that really got me. They took photos.

So they are fixed backed ones but you don't have car listed/plated/whatever-its-called as a 2-seater yeah?

That's a bit unlucky. Sorry to hear mate

Got done for FRP Bonnet, Bonnet Pins, too low, unpadded steering wheel, larger wheels and tyres (rolling radius was bigger than standard). It could have been worse. I guess that's the end of my Gtr days cause I couldn't be bothered trying to stuff around fixing it. The copper told me to get a RWC to clear the defect, so I'll just deregister it and show the copper that it's no longer able to be driven on the street. I guess the whole point is getting cars that is not roadworthy roadworty or off the street. My understanding is that since you have to get an RWC to clear the defect, when you re-register a car you have to get a RWC anyways so either way you need a RWC to get the car on the road again.

Actually I was getting sick of my car anyways. You can never really enjoy it as you're always worrying about the police, where you park in the shopping centre, thieves, fools in commodores/falcons, being stereotyped etc etc. Seriously thinking about moving back to Japan. Japanese police rule!

Lucky you.

Court and Pits (inspection) for me.

Cost me unnecessary money and a lot of time for things that were so stupid. I didn't change a thing and the car passed inspection (mod plated seats, but that didn't make them safer) - the guy even had a laugh and said, actual unsafe and unroadworthy cars should be targeted.

ahh but your missing the point with the seats, they aren't safer they just made the government more cash which it really needs :thumbsup:

I got defected almost 3 years ago now for too low, and excessive track major defect 3 points and ordered over the pits, failed it twice cause the guy told me my standard suspension parts weren't standard, after the 2nd fail he laughed at me saying "you'll never get this back on the road" i had to show documentation that it was the factory setup and get a RWC to clear it, did the RWC at work that afternoon and faxed them 32 pages of the nissan workshop manual along with the other paperwork, accidently hit send 3 time on the fax machine (governments love 3 copies of everything though)

Brood, it'd be easier to clear yours with a RWC rather then going with the hassle of dereg and rereg, also if your sick of the car and want to sell it it's much easier to sell registerd with a RWC.

comprehensive list of defects. a lot of those are applicable to most imports, so it usually depends on what cop you got, and also how you act towards them

bad luck. shame the experience seems to have made you wish to end skyline ownership

There was a major defect station set up on fairfield road last night near the viper room. Saw them settig it up on the way in so judiciously took a "shortcut" on the way home.

The chair is mod plated to hell but the bastards will always find some trivial thing to waste your time with.

I continue to have a good run with my one, but that's probably as it rarely gets driven any more, and hardly at all to likely defect locations

Mind you, every time I have been spotted by a cop I have been pulled over.

comprehensive list of defects. a lot of those are applicable to most imports, so it usually depends on what cop you got, and also how you act towards them

bad luck. shame the experience seems to have made you wish to end skyline ownership

I'm sort of over the whole car scene in general. Still love my gtr though.