SAU Community

Stolen Two R35 Gtrs Perth

To everyone saying "Oh it must be an inside job"; May I just give another opinion on the matter. All it would take is for your uncle to pull into his house and multiple people will see he has not one but two GTRs.

And it's not like they have to look very hard for the keys, where do most people put their keys? On the kitchen bench, above the fridge, a key rack, a bowl next to the door,

Because cars are becoming increasingly painful to steal without a key, why not just get the key? ;)

So in the end, put the keys in your sock drawer.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone saying "Oh it must be an inside job"; May I just give another opinion on the matter. All it would take is for your uncle to pull into his house and multiple people will see he has not one but two GTRs.

And it's not like they have to look very hard for the keys, where do most people put their keys? On the kitchen bench, above the fridge, a key rack, a bowl next to the door,

Because cars are becoming increasingly painful to steal without a key, why not just get the key? ;)

So in the end, put the keys in your sock drawer.

I agree with the inside job part; but I won't be hiding my keys. If you're away on holidays, or at work; by all means, but day to day; no way.

The last thing I want is a pissed off crim, with a knife he picked up out of the knife block in the kitchen, in my bedroom, with my sleeping missus, next to the room where my child is sleeping; demanding to know where the car keys are.

If they're prepared to enter an occupied house to obtain the keys, they're not just opportunists. They are likely prepared to use force to get what they want.

Take the f##ken keys; I'd rather lose a car than have my family terrorized and scarred for life by the experience.

In the unlikely event they're caught; you'll then have to sit in court listening to their soft c##k, druggie, loser f##ken sob story about how daddy didn't give them enough cuddles when they were five, and then watch them walk out with a good behaviour bond; because some pissweak magistrate felt sorry for a crim.

Then you get to wonder if/when they're coming back...

I love my car; but I love my family much more AND I'm a realist.

To the OP, shame about the cars, good that they both showed up, (at least the insurer can't drag their feet on payouts) and glad that was all that happened when the a-holes broke in to steal them.

Edited by Daleo

So, a thief, or two breaks into your house, you give them the keys, then stab all of them in the back while they are attempting to drive away.

any penalties? because i know, if i see another car thief, a knife is going into his back.

any penalties?

Yeah that's called murder. Two wrong's don't make a right and before you say self defence. You just said you gave them they keys and then you would stab them in the back. This would imply that they are leaving, therefore, no more threat. No more threat = murder. A car isn't worth your life and it's certainly not worth taking theirs for, either.

Edited by RB25PWR

oh, so threat to property is not threat anymore?

in this time and age when the police don't give a shit anymore, these thieves need real retribution, broken legs, arms, ribs, paralysis, that's how things should be done.

So no killing, just protecting property.

Dont get me wrong if a thief was in my house in the middle of the night, i would give them my keys no problem to avoid being attacked. Also anything else that you would consider a possession. Having said that i would also stab anyone that was invading my home where my child and wife sleeps without a problem IF i had to. Good thing i have a big arsed noisy dog to alert me of these sorts of things. The way i see it cars and all that other bullshit can be replaced, if a burglar is in my home i see that as an attempt at hurting my family.

Basically- i have a blade in my room, and i would protect the set of stairs where my family is, they could take anything from downstairs etc, but where my family sleeps is mine to protect,

Edited by cannabiscorpse

I'd like to think the police would treat a robbery of an occupied house more seriously too. The knowledge of occupants surely changes the level of intent.

My example is probably the worst case scenario, but I also worry when I hear people saying "Yeah, if someone gets up in my shit; imma stab his ass with the knife under mah pillow" (not implying that's what you're saying).

I think people sometimes imagine it'll play out like it does in a movie; ordinary guy takes down vicious crim and saves the day.

If you're well versed in hand to hand combat that would be great, but if you're not, woken from a deep sleep, with a weapon in your hand; you could easily be giving a weapon to a better prepared attacker.

Not saying don't fight; everyone would in the right situation, especially if the stakes are high enough.

Enough off topic from me; I'd like to hear some good news about cars being repaired/replaced.

Its a very good point, i stand by what i said though. And thats if someone robs me, they can have whatever they want. But if they want to try and step into a bedroom up the stairs where my family is, i will quite happily die trying to protect them. As a father and a husband that is my job. I also think that being sleepy wouldnt effect you too long considering the adrenaline levels that we all know happen even in a petty pub fight, let alone a home invasion. Having said all that, i have a big noisy dog which helps me with these situations and ive never had anything stolen from my house let alone burgled. (bought my parents house, lived her since i was born) Basically i like to think that its something i will never have to deal with, being they have to go through my dog first, which would be a noisy affair, in which time i would be fully prepared and have the police called.

Edit- Basically its a very scary thought, and i think most people with families will do whatever they have to so that someone doesnt get hurt.

Edited by cannabiscorpse

So your uncle lives in Bennet Springs estate in Beechboro, WA........and he has 2 new R35's...

If its a new estate I'm not surprised something like this happened - I always hear bad things happen in these new estates...

Edited by rehab2010

in this time and age when the police don't give a shit anymore, these thieves need real retribution, broken legs, arms, ribs, paralysis, that's how things should be done.

Welcome to Australia Alvin, where the criminal has more legal rights and importance than the victim. Thankfully the British have come to their senses and now your allowed to f**k up whoever tries to steal or damage your property within the confines of your property. Hopefully this will come to Australia soon and finally home owners can start to defend themselves, their families and their homes without fear of legal reprocussions. As far as i'm concerned if someone breaks into your home you dont know whether they are to rape your missus, steal your car or kidnap your kids you simply dont know what they want and must act accordingly and as far i'm concerned if they end up with a knife in their back or a bullet in their head all the better for the rest of us. I'm not prepared to risk the physical well being of my family just because some out of touch judge on his high horse says so.

I know how the system works my brother got out of an armed robbery charge scot free just because he had it tough growing up.

Edit: I have lived in bad neighbourhoods and good ones where nothing bad ever happens. Its easy for those of us who live in safe places to say that this is all too much, but when you have lived in places with people coming into your home to steal things or to visit hurt on your family you begin to see things very differently. For those of you who still live in a places anything like that I would agree with Cannabiscorpse and say your best defence is big scary looking dog.

Edited by FrangaR33

You would have to think its only a matter of time until a scumbag like that (thieving cars, home burgling etc) meets someone that is overly paranoid about their family and can carry themselves well. OR meets Mr hick with a pump action.. You can only hope anyway. All i know is im not going to put myself, wife & daughter in danger for someone nicking my car etc, but when they enter a home- thats different. Like you Taz, all that stuff enters my head about my family being hurt. Get in first if you can.

Self defense works great when they are bigger than you. Otherwise just make up an equally sad story that it was dark and you were scared and the thief said he wanted to penetrate you etc etc. If its your word against his I know who the jury would be siding with.

hey guys sorry i havent kept you posted ive been busy ive read all the comments and i got bad news both cars are write offs the silver one has body damage due to hitting a pole and curb jumping and the red one has gear box problems the red gtr only had 525km's when it was stolen which mean the motor wasnt run in yet for the gear box is fried they took it up to top speed all for a stupid joy ride :( northside nissan has told the insurance company that they are write off's good news my uncle is getting rein-burst 2 new gtrs

Self defense works great when they are bigger than you. Otherwise just make up an equally sad story that it was dark and you were scared and the thief said he wanted to penetrate you etc etc. If its your word against his I know who the jury would be siding with.

afaik, dead people can't sue.