SAU Community

Flat Battery On Ongoing Issues

Hi all,

A few weeks ago my battery died (obviously it was the factory one as there was not even a single word in English; all Japanese). It didnt give me any warning at all. I have already changed the battery, but some strange things happened beforehand; headlights remained on, although I had turned them off and removed the key, then they went off, but right side indicator remained on. After changing the battery, there is still one issue which has remained permanent. When I unlock the doors, side indicators start flassing (as usual), flash three or four times and normally they should go off. However in my case they remain on (both right and left side indicators). When I open the driver or passenger side doors, they go off. If I open the trunk, nothing happens (remain on). When I locked the car, everything is fine (side indicators flash a couple of times and go off.

Now the question is WHY?

Any help or info would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Hmm, i thought that changing the original battery is a part of compliance? Could be wrong though.

I don't know much about this but if i were you i'd try to reset the ecu ( hopefuly resets the bcm) and see what happens.Then again having the battery flat could have reset it already...:mellow:

Have you got an aftermarket immobiliser/alarm system fitted?

Hmm, i thought that changing the original battery is a part of compliance? Could be wrong though.

I don't know much about this but if i were you i'd try to reset the ecu ( hopefuly resets the bcm) and see what happens.Then again having the battery flat could have reset it already...:mellow:

Have you got an aftermarket immobiliser/alarm system fitted?

Thanks for your response. Could you please provide a bit more detail in regards to what ecu stands for and how to reset it. I do have an after market immobiliser fitted (it really sucks as I think it is a cheap one). However I had never had such an issue before. I have had this car for over a year, then this happened when the battery died.

Sound like it's your after market immobiliser/alarm Some have a function to turn the indicators on and keep them on untill you open the door or turn the car on.

What brand is your alarm? try different button combos like pressing your unlock button first then your lock button to lock the car or pressing your lock button twice.

Sound like it's your after market immobiliser/alarm Some have a function to turn the indicators on and keep them on untill you open the door or turn the car on.

What brand is your alarm? try different button combos like pressing your unlock button first then your lock button to lock the car or pressing your lock button twice.

To be honest I do not know what brand my immobiliser is. I guess it is a cheap one. The thing is this issue didnt happen for a year after I got this car. Rather it happened after the battery issue.

I would definetely try to press different buttons if I had more than one. this one has only one button which locks and unlocks the car.