SAU Community

Performance Exhaust = Ass Like Accel

hi guys i have a NA r34 gt with a performance exhaust with no mufflers at att except the 4" cannon at the back?

if i were to get a middle muffler would it give me more down low power?

plus this exhaust is soo loud it sets off car alarms and makes your ears scream ive had enough lol

all answers would be help full except for trolls.

would adding a performance middle muffler give it some more accel?

Mate of mine recently found his car had more power after adding another muffler, with an N/A car you need some backpressure :thumbsup:

To be honest im not sure about adding acceleration mate. But i think it sounds like a good idea considering your volume issues. Did you have the stock one on before, and if so was it punchier down low then? As far as i know, 2.5 inch is about right size for a na rb25, although having the turbo version im not too sure. I wouldnt have thought it to be too large though, maybe the others can confirm it for you.

Edit- with the above comment, i say definitely get yourself a muffler.

Edited by cannabiscorpse

To be honest im not sure about adding acceleration mate. But i think it sounds like a good idea considering your volume issues. Did you have the stock one on before, and if so was it punchier down low then? As far as i know, 2.5 inch is about right size for a na rb25, although having the turbo version im not too sure. I wouldnt have thought it to be too large though, maybe the others can confirm it for you.

Edit- with the above comment, i say definitely get yourself a muffler.

i had it on a while ago i can barely remember it but if i remember correctly it did feel a little punchier

its mainly the noise you can litterally feel it with your ears if that makes sense.