SAU Community

Chinese Hybrids ..... opinions?

The chinese knock-off version of Hybrids .... whats everyones opinion of those? I remember reading something not to flattering about them somewhere cant remember and now BF wants to put on in car and im a little cautious ...... budget is a bit tight due to engine rebuild ..... so are they cheap and nasty or worthwhile?

These Arnt chinease knock offs .. i dont know if other manufacturers are making these two, but the ones i get are made in the same factory as thhe orginal hybrids..

depends what your BF is running, i mean there perfectly fine if your cars running about 200kw .. but i mean if hes car is a 300kw car runnign hi boost he may want to look at getting one of the higher priced intercoolers..

but as i said, its perfect for every day to day use

The ones I have access to were made in the same factory. Which I was informed by my supply, it is one of his threads (unsure if its on this forum or nissansilvia.com) and i dont have enough time to shift through a few hundred posts.

but your welcome to contact the supply of the intercooler that I have purchased

his contact details should be on www.jap.com.au

Anyone have flow comparisons, pressure tests etc on these coolers? Price seems to be very good from my browsing in the group buy forums at the moment. Mindflux, was reading another thread you had and mentioned you got piping made up... how much was that all up?

dave

I would imagine that many of the brand 'snobs' here would laugh at the 'Chinese knockoff of Hybrid' description.

That's like saying what do you think of the Chinese copies of a Casio watch? Casio IS a second rate watch.

Hybrid is not one the big name Japanese brands and at <$500, why not get a real Hybrid?

T.

Dave - I havnt got any made up yet, however a member of another forums is doing a group buy on some piping, his mate is going to make the pipes and bend them .. stainless steel mandrel bent for under $500

Dont want to cause price war fueds or anything, but if your smart enough you will be abel to gifure out how much my whole kit should end up costing me. :(

i have no problem getting the actual unit ..... the question is do i want it? i want to know who has it in there cars and do they perform the same - its for a 350rwhp car. As for getting it supplied and piping made up etc etc etc im all organised i just have queries about the quality.

Niz,

I saw paul and the car last night. Sounds quite healthy. I don't think there is much wrong with the hybrid units perhaps with the exception of the end tanks. I've seen ones with some rather crappy looking end tanks and others with reasonable looking ones.

I think if you are going to do the whole turbo / fuel pump / injectors thing then a new intercooler is a sensible upgrade. However, cheap is not and should not be part of your formula for build up. Good value for money , yes but, why not put it off till you have enough cash to allow you to be a chooser rather than a beggar. You might like a slightly larger trans cooler if you go for the 350rwhp too.

yes i know you probably saw the car last night .... paul took it without my permission and is not my favourite person for it - but thats a different story.

Thanks for your advice i was thinking the same thing might spend a bit more for a GTR cooler and then save a bit more for the turbo ..... its just i wanted everyting done for drag combat thats why im in such a rush and considering the el cheapo option.

I do know that im going to need a trans cooler ...... going to have to do a bit of research tho cos i dont know much about them. By the time im finished tho should have the top hp for R33 Auto in perth hopefully.

Naughty Paul! He is such an eager boy, I'm sure he was only trying to be helpfull. Does he talk cars 24/7 or is it just a front to show the blokes?:D

Are you going to run the factory turb for drag combat? If so don't be too cut up about the factory intercooler your times will probably be faster.

no he talks it 24/7 even to me ..... i know whats happening with everyones cars down to the last bolt. Good intentions or not its still my car and he didnt ask ..... it being not properly insured at the moment is also part of the reason why im so angry.

Depends on budget i was hoping to run the aftermarket turbo for drag combat .... but i want to do the FMIC before turbo ... one of the two will be definately in my car before combat. Last time i went to drags i blew the car up so lets hope i have a bit more luck this time!!

On the trans cooler side most of the trev shops carry bigger trans coolers by the likes of B&M the one I was looking at for the volvo was part number BM-70266* rated to 28,000 GVW, 11 in. x 8 in. x 1-1/2 in. Just need to check the fittings and mounting position. That unit costs about $130. performance unlimited, A1 and chriss mills may have stock or can supply one within the week.

Niz,

Maybe a couple of gentle pats on the head with a lead pipe will clear his head a little goodness knows it works for me:D

If you have the big fuel pump and things ready to support the new big turbo then thats great but, maybe since you didn't get much of a go at the plex last time the factory turbo might provide some usefull experience getting off the line well, since 350rwhp will be a little bit of a handfull.

Considering its a 350kw car, personally i would reccomend maybe looking at another intercooler, i wouldnt bother with a GTR intercooler because there pretty much the same as these 'chinease hybrids' as you call it..

I would maybe look at a a trust/greddy or even a hks if i was you

Considering its a 350kw car, personally i would reccomend maybe looking at another intercooler, i wouldnt bother with a GTR intercooler because there pretty much the same as these 'chinease hybrids' as you call it..

I would maybe look at a a trust/greddy or even a hks if i was you

It's a 350rwhp car... Not rwkw... A GTR cooler would be perfect for it...

my guess would be all the coolers are from the same place, and the Hybrid brand buys them with their logo on them the others just get them plain, Hybrid just got there first so everyone now thinks they are a special cooler and the other are copies.

Your probably right you know.....they look exactly the same in all of the pic of the ones with the hybrid and without the hybrid stamp.The core looks the same someone said the end tanks are different but i dont know about that and they carry all the same core dimensions.