SAU Community

Air Filter!

boiracer

I'm sure its been said many many times...but change your air filters regularly.

did an oil change on my 33 GTST on sunday, and just decided to have a look at the air filter while i was under the bonnet. My god was the thing dirty....full to the top of the ribs in some spots and the amount of leaves, hair and bugs was just scary.

underside of the filter was fine and clean (which is always good)

now this filter isnt more than 6-8 months old. and cost 14 bucks to replace this time (on special....apparently). ive done a few filter changes in the time ive owned my car.......and every time it just amazes me just how dirty it gets. car feels more perky now too :thumbsup:

moral of the story and reason for posting????? have you checked your air filter lately??

Sounds like Dr boiracer has saved a precious soul from a terminal asthma attack :woot:

I do think about checking my air filter whenever the evening's TV Program is filled with sh!t :P

I really don't want to think about how much crap my shonky pod lets through on my 34. I would like my stock airboxes back, but the car came with a pod. May do some reading and hunt down a better filtration system... i.e. better pod.