SAU Community

Call Of Duty Mw3 Vs Battlefield 3

Al Despo

Maybe it's all the nerd rage from console users when they are told that consoles have set back gaming 5-10 years.

If you seriously can't tell the difference between BF3 console and BF3 PC you have some kind of disability.

The consoles can't run 1920x1080 or for console people 'Full HD' as they would run unplayably slow. They were already doing this in Black Ops and earlier.

No one is saying that there isnt a difference, what we are saying is that we dont care.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Console runs min spec, so the 'right' PC to run better than any console can be bought off the shelf at any store that sells PCs, even Aldi.

Also I thoroughly enjoy f**king around with PCs, just like cars. Are you exceptionally perturbed, acquaintance?

lol....BS. store bought PC's suck the big fat proverbial...........and always filled with some old crap component that brings the rest of the numbers down.

and as was said...you still dont get that console gamers dont care that much, they just wanna play a game.

on another related note ( not to BF3...but that seems normal here now) is that Rage looks as good if not better on PS3 (no idea on Xbox) as it does on PC. pretty game, but def designed for console.

* i love consoles, PC's and Nvidia alike. :thumbsup:

Although PC has the best version, I still prefer the console.

I concur on the ease of buying a game, inserting into the disc drive and playing straight away without the hassle of upgrading drivers and adjusting settings to get maximum playability.

Someone mentioned earlier that consoles have prevented the evolution of gaming or something along those lines. I disagree. I think it's the consoles that force developers to become more efficient in writing code for the software result in better games. I mean, look at the first party games. They look great and play fkg awesome; without the need of the latest hardware.

Also keep in mind that consoles don't require as much hardware power as PC because they don't have a whole bunch of drivers and background programs running with the game.

I guess though, each has it's pros and cons.

very well said,

also without the console basis (which i have no doubt is now bigger than the PC sector) the massive profit the companies make on console games can be put into developing more games anyways. end of the day money is king and everyone will f**k anyone for it

All this hoo-hah about 'pc's are too hard to play games on' is such garbage. Set your PC up once right and it'll work great. Sure, drivers need to be updated, but guess what? Consoles have updates too! It's the way things work now.

Edited by SoFreshSoClean

All this hoo-hah about 'pc's are too hard to play games on' is such garbage. Set your PC up once right and it'll work great. Sure, drivers need to be updated, but guess what? Consoles have updates too! It's the way things work now.

An how does one ensure it is 'set up right' the goal post constantly change so I call bullshit on that. Also if a console needs an update i press a button and it updates, with my pc i just get a computer says no message and have to go find the bits I need. If you know what you are doing I dont doubt its not that hard, but I dont so I am just as likely to f**k it as fix it. Consoles will always exist in large numbers for this reason.

lol....BS. store bought PC's suck the big fat proverbial...........and always filled with some old crap component that brings the rest of the numbers down.

and as was said...you still dont get that console gamers dont care that much, they just wanna play a game.

on another related note ( not to BF3...but that seems normal here now) is that Rage looks as good if not better on PS3 (no idea on Xbox) as it does on PC. pretty game, but def designed for console.

* i love consoles, PC's and Nvidia alike. :thumbsup:

id Software founder and programming legend John Carmack has just given a bold statement that may not pleased consoles gamers. He said, "one of the larger mistakes" he made with RAGE was allowing consoles to have an equal place in development alongside the PC.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/5668-carmack-developing-rage-consoles-was-big-mistake.html

Although PC has the best version, I still prefer the console.

I concur on the ease of buying a game, inserting into the disc drive and playing straight away without the hassle of upgrading drivers and adjusting settings to get maximum playability.

Someone mentioned earlier that consoles have prevented the evolution of gaming or something along those lines. I disagree. I think it's the consoles that force developers to become more efficient in writing code for the software result in better games. I mean, look at the first party games. They look great and play fkg awesome; without the need of the latest hardware.

Also keep in mind that consoles don't require as much hardware power as PC because they don't have a whole bunch of drivers and background programs running with the game.

I guess though, each has it's pros and cons.

Oh ffs, if consoles or at least console exclusivity did not exist games would look, sound and play better. Do you only play DOS games because they are the most efficient?

Just because you are ignorant of the workings of a system does not mean they are not there. Do you even know what 'drivers' are?

lolerfuckingskates. 'Don't require as much hardware power'? No, they no longer have relatively powerful hardware because they have not received an update in 5 years. They were quite powerful on release.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

An how does one ensure it is 'set up right' the goal post constantly change so I call bullshit on that. Also if a console needs an update i press a button and it updates, with my pc i just get a computer says no message and have to go find the bits I need. If you know what you are doing I dont doubt its not that hard, but I dont so I am just as likely to f**k it as fix it. Consoles will always exist in large numbers for this reason.

I am sorry you have such difficulty operating a PC. I noticed many people had trouble with BF3 for instance. I changed nothing on my system when I installed it, it ran perfectly.

FYI PC game sales now out strip all consoles combined.

Oh ffs, if consoles or at least console exclusivity did not exist games would look, sound and play better. Do you only play DOS games because they are the most efficient?

Just because you are ignorant of the workings of a system does not mean they are not there. Do you even know what 'drivers' are?

lolerf**kingskates. 'Don't require as much hardware power'? No, they no longer have relatively powerful hardware because they have not received an update in 5 years. They were quite powerful on release.

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Then ytf do the games perform much better now than when the consoles were launched, despite the hardware remaining the same? PS2 games at the end of the console's life played and looked very similar to PS3 games at launch. God of War 2 is a prime example. Many people at E3, including programmers and game journo's, thought it was a PS3 game.

I agree with your "ignorance is bliss" statement; since we're ALL following it, one way or another...

I'll also add another one - "Stubborn as a mule"

You seem to just disagree with all the FOR arguments to do with console and just have this idea that PC is the one and only way to go. Like I said, each have their pro's and con's...

I am sorry you have such difficulty operating a PC. I noticed many people had trouble with BF3 for instance. I changed nothing on my system when I installed it, it ran perfectly.

FYI PC game sales now out strip all consoles combined.

Its about time some one in your line of work said sorry for inflicting computers on us :P

I am guessing you have a fairly good computer and are quite up to speed with what is needed to run the games you want BEFORE you get them, So what I am saying is, it worked for you, thats super, It wouldnt work the same way for all of us, as such, this is why consoles do exist. They exist because they work the same way for everyone abiet at a lower level.

Then ytf do the games perform much better now than when the consoles were launched, despite the hardware remaining the same? PS2 games at the end of the console's life played and looked very similar to PS3 games at launch. God of War 2 is a prime example. Many people at E3, including programmers and game journo's, thought it was a PS3 game.

I agree with your "ignorance is bliss" statement; since we're ALL following it, one way or another...

I'll also add another one - "Stubborn as a mule"

You seem to just disagree with all the FOR arguments to do with console and just have this idea that PC is the one and only way to go. Like I said, each have their pro's and con's...

You already answered your own question. With the extended amount of time that the PS3 and XBOX 360 have been the top of the line the underlying hardware and technology has stayed the same so developers have a much longer time period to exploit the hardware and software to it's fullest.

For example, the XBOX is running a version of DirectX 9 (we are on DirectX 11 now, 11.1 around the corner). It was released in 2002 so it's not like it was something new that no one had used before. Over time developers knew that it would hardly change at all on the 360 so any and every refinement carried over in each title.

So console titles now, bar 3D and other minor updates, are what they could and arguably should have been on release. Maybe less so on the PS3 as their development kits are extremely expensive and were hard to get. It's just now all that is old news, consoles lack technologies that make modern games look so good.

I have owned the major consoles bar the PS3 but I have used a number of them.

It comes down to the same thing as iPhone fags telling me how great a 8MP camera is, or video calls or whatever. Welcome to a decade ago shit cunts.

The main thing that shits me and why it is said that consoles are holding everything back is there limited hardware and lazy developers who go this is the lowest point and not going any further eg maxing out Xbox so they make it for Xbox and then take that and port it to ps3 and pc

And with this us pc gamers get pissed off as we get stuck with the detail level of the Xbox when we could have so much more and even worse we get the control interface as well which on a console is a lot more limited than a mouse and keyboard

All I have to say is a big thank you to dice for breaking the trend with developers of only building to the lowest standard

fact of the matter is, even a low - mid range pc can pretty much play anything with a higher graphical detail than consoles.

Case in point, I played Modern Warfare 2 on my PS3 on the weekend, controller issues aside, it looked f**king woeful after coming from the PC version!

I find that the PS3 is better for when I just want to kick back and have a quick GT5 sesh than serious FPS or RTS/sim gaming.

http://www.gamepur.c...ig-mistake.html

that is a funny read, and yes all that blah blah blah might be true, but consoles are here to stay and if you wanna rage out, go do it at the developers who insist on doing it backwards. i too have a PC...and i know how to use it, and love it. as for the PC sales outstripping consoles. im sure a huge amount of that is WoW.....and that doesnt count, its a lifestyle choice...not a game

you do get off on spending all day online proving people wrong tho dont you??