SAU Community

The Choice, Power FC or Autronic???

Hi All,

I have just bought a 93' GTS-T, and it great, but....... its not fast enough. i have been told that i will need to upgrade the computer first as the standard one cant be changed around much. So i am after som info on which computer is best for my skyline. I have been told both these computers are very good, but i cant make a good decsion on the info i have got. Any infomation about this would be very much apreciated.

Also any other helpful fints on what to do to make my car go that much faster would be great.

Thanks

hello i would go the apexi pfc as they are cheap and alot of tuners are farmilier with these compared to the autronic.. i am in the prosses of upgrading my engine managment and i am going for the apexi as recomended by the tuners iv'e spoken to..

dont post that in here, post in the forced induction area. depends how much power u want. the computer is ok upto a certain power level, then the stock fuel maps and boost limiters / fuel cuts will come into effect and youll be limited to how much you can apply, then you need aftermarket ecu

things you do easily with stock computer

front mount intercooler

full exhaust

boost controller

pod filter in an airbox

apexi safc

then if you want aftermarket ecu you can do

aftermarket ecu

aftermarket turbo

forged psitons

twin plate clutch

and so on...

of course you do them in whatever order or vice versa but best results are experienced like that, ie dont get an aftermarket turbo on stock ecu, the ecu will limit fuel and boost pressure too much

Hi All,

Also any other helpful fints on what to do to make my car go that much faster would be great.

Thanks

Press the far right pedal down further?

Sorry - couldn't resist that one! :rofl:

BTW - probably more appropriate to post questions on the Performance Thread and use the "Search" button - plenty of good info available!