SAU Community

Gauges

Wogan

Hey everyone.

I've been thinking about getting an oil pressure gauge for a while now... i know the standard ones in 32's are completely unreliable, and i've also heard that the RB20's often die because of bad oil pressure.

So i'm currently thinking of getting one of those 3 gauge holders to go under my stereo head unit, and i'm trying to decide what gauges to get and where to get them from.

I'm thinking Oil pressure is a must... Possibly get an air/fuel ratio gauge (with a wideband sensor) ... and i'm not sure what to get for the 3rd spot.

I already have an aftermarket boost gauge (which was cheap and isn't overly accurate, but it does the job) so i don't need one of those.

So in summary:

What 3rd gauge do you recommend?

Where is a good place to purchase gauges?

Do i need to replace the sensor for the oil pressure gauge or just the gauge itself?

Thanks,

Steve

[ ps. yes i have used the search tool to try and find some answers to the above, but funnily enough searching for gauges brings up a million results ]

If it was me.

1- Oil temp / Boost / Oil Pressure / AFR

I want that combination for my car.

2- Just jap or shift performance. Both located in sydney, both have online shopping

3- Yes you have to change the sensor over, the new sensor will have a different electronic signal (voltage drop) for different temperature ranges, so the gauge will only know how to use the voltage signal that the new sensor uses.

Pics after install

Oil Pressure/Oil Temp/Water Temp

Defi do a nice 3 gauge setup with those units in it. Expensive, but work very well. I tried a few different brands out before i bit the bullet, and they are worth every penny. Otherwise you could try another jap brand or even the electronic versions of autometer

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/APEXi-3-x-Gauge-Special-R32-R33-R34-WRX-S13-S14-S15-180SX-200SX-/260849641880?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cbbd9a998#ht_1361wt_1396

this is where I bought mine from, I believe they are genuine too, hope this helps

I grabbed oil temp, exhaust gas temp and oil pressure,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Neostead, I'm looking to have a custom surround done that also has a slot for a fog light. Would you be willing to create a 3d model I can buy or create and ship me the part or even provide/sell the current model for me to modify? Cheers
    • Did some maintenance on the MX5, did the engine oil and filter which was uneventful, then I drained the coolant to put in the new reservoir and a thermostat, reservoir took 5 minutes  The thermostat, well that took.........3 bloody hours, what a job, the issue was the 3 bolts holding it on, one was easy, 2 were hidden and required a few 1/4 drive extensions, 1 more than I had, and a 1/4 swivel, which I also didn't have, and a good amount of playing contortionist  Getting the 2 unseen bolts back on was a time consuming nervous nightmare, as I couldn't see where they went there was alot of stabbing and hoping for the best, trying to line up a 8 mm bolt straight, which you cannot actually see or get a hand in there, with a 1/4 swivel in the mix was a nightmare Anyways, it's done now, all burped out, and run up to temp a few times, happily no leaks thank Jebus After the thermostat fiasco I decided I need a few mental health days away from tools before doing the rest of the servicing on it As for the Dunnydoore, it had the aircon regassed and it has a clean bill of health, thinking about taking it out on Monday for a cruise down the coast to look at some houses if weather permits 
    • In other important race car news, instead of fixing the race car I changed the crank seals on the chainsaw, because wood burner Some damn tight (and lock tighted) m6 head bolts Who knew plastic crank cases were a thing! Quick tip, don't trust the youtube videos that say you can pull the old seals out with the head on in a husky 440e...not true, their crank seal tucks in behind the cover both sides. I'm not sure I'm a psychopath, but these things are damn loud....hope I can put all the bits back in the right place    Happily, it is now back to turning fallen trees into a combination of firewood logs and wood chips....just need a clear day to get into it properly
    • I've got 60L of e85 in there at the moment
    • Don't forget to make sure the tank is full to the brim before you try to replace the fuel pump too, that is an essential step.