SAU Community

Flywheel

i have cai + catback, high flow car, coilpacks, good tyres already

my exhaust seems to slow the car down or do you think this is pretty quick for an NA

no one knows whats wrong with it its a 2.5" catback with no mufflers but it does have a resonator

it makes a bang sound from first to second gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczannAfOo4&NR=1

i have cai + catback, high flow car, coilpacks, good tyres already

my exhaust seems to slow the car down or do you think this is pretty quick for an NA

no one knows whats wrong with it its a 2.5" catback with no mufflers but it does have a resonator

it makes a bang sound from first to second gear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczannAfOo4&NR=1

It could definately use a little more power IMO, SAFC + tune will open it up a bit.

lightened flywheel often does bugger all for acceleration times, because while the car will speed up faster, it is also more prone to bogging down off the line. if you had a stupidly heavy flywheel you could fry the tyres by dumping the clutch at 1500rpm with bugger all throttle. if you have the worlds lightest flywheel (or no flywheel) you would nearly stall the car dumping the clutch while bouncing off the rev limiter if you had sticky tyres.

It could definately use a little more power IMO, SAFC + tune will open it up a bit.

SAFC got me sweet FA in terms of power, got it tuned, got a tiny bit of torque mid range and thats it. Not worth it.

Ended up taking it out the next day and selling it for more than I bought it for.

Extractors, 2.5 inch system Highfloww cat and a boxed off Apexi pod filter.

This car http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/348709-r33-gts-build/

Hmmm no idea why it wouldn't increase power, i know of several of them used on NA 300ZX's and the gain was a good 10-15rwkw depending on the car. Hey nice car btw, diggin the 1/4 mile result :thumbsup: Thats the quickest NA liner i've seen :happy::banana:

higher dislacement thats why....

Hmmm no idea why it wouldn't increase power, i know of several of them used on NA 300ZX's and the gain was a good 10-15rwkw depending on the car. Hey nice car btw, diggin the 1/4 mile result :thumbsup: Thats the quickest NA liner i've seen :happy::banana:

yeah you can't compare gains on 1 engine to another. considering that on a turbo skyline the gains from even a full ecu are only around 15 to 25kw, i'd only expect 5 to 10kw from a natro skyline (there may be a few that go over 10kw).

Safc that can only alter air fuel on a n/a skyline with mild bolt ones is fail in gain imho.

And err, that seems really slow considering you have some bolt ones too. I've been in a friend's na 34 auto and it was stocker (is completely stock).

Maybe get the health of the engine checked out and make sure timing is ok before trying to make it faster. Heck, if there's something wrong and it gets found and fixed it'll be faster anyways lol