SAU Community

25 Neo Oil In Water

Ke55pig

Hey guys was out at a track day about a hr in i checked my oil it was on the low mark.I precceded to check my coolant and i found thats were it all was.

So the safternon i taken the head of thinking head gasket its minta no damge at all im stunned anyone got ideas

Its only oil in water not other way around

I've seen this before on a car that got hot , sent the head in and got it checked out which came back A-ok , had it planed anyway , bought a new HG and problem solved ... We put it down to the Hg being 'flattened off' caused by over heating :) .

Edited by toffy

pics of what ?? honesly everything minta.

Heads going to rhemac tomorrow should find out about that tuesday .

But if its not that the only other place i can think they could be mixing is hrought the turbo ????

2 head studs i pulled out had oil thought it was nothing unusal ?? just got in there wen i pulled em up or something ???

Not 2 sure on a 25 but a 26 pumps oil past the head studs for the cam bearings.Just look on the head down the headstud holes & there will be 2 holes to let the oil around the headstud.Was it pure oil on the studs u pulled out?

Head is now at Mechanicks getting tessted and faced.Hopefully something come backs there but bye the first look he was happy with it.Ive just finished cleaning most the gasket of of the block and is no visual signs there as im sitting around doing nothing its stating to bother me with what it could actually be.

• 2 weeks later...

Head is now at Mechanicks getting tessted and faced.Hopefully something come backs there but bye the first look he was happy with it.Ive just finished cleaning most the gasket of of the block and is no visual signs there as im sitting around doing nothing its stating to bother me with what it could actually be.

So any news as yet?

Was the head pressure tested hot?

Did you dye penetrant the block deck surface while it (the head) was off?

• 1 month later...