SAU Community

V36 5 Speed Vs 7 Speed Auto

mate I highly suggest getting grounding wires that ground the throttle bodies & engine block to the chassis.

Made a noticeable difference to the shifting feel of my 5AT no joke, a lot of the myg37.com guys have done it to their 5at :yes:

on point 2 you brought up I only get rev hang in DS mode when I floor it from a standing start, manual mode it's not an issue

mate I highly suggest getting grounding wires that ground the throttle bodies & engine block to the chassis.

Made a noticeable difference to the shifting feel of my 5AT no joke, a lot of the myg37.com guys have done it to their 5at :yes:

on point 2 you brought up I only get rev hang in DS mode when I floor it from a standing start, manual mode it's not an issue

thanks, I might give it a go. Did you fit them yourself? Where can you buy the kit?

I would go manual box over auto.

Its a sports car and although these new autos are great and fun to play with, you dont see v8 drivers using auto's...

Once I got used to driving manual again, meaning overcoming the laziness, its a breeze and lots of fun..

its odd, when new auto costs more, however due to demand and supply manual in cases costs more second hand.

I struggled to find a manual v36 let alone not in white.

They were all auto's and when a manual came up it went for a heap more.

BTW I will be selling my 08 sports coupe manual. Even more rare given its blue.

• 3 months later...

Nope, when you buy a new car autos ALWAYS cost more.

Well this is not the case in japan guys, im not sure about regular cars, but if you check the Model cataloges data that some auction or other sites have, the manuals for v35's and v36's were more expensive when bought new. Hence im guessing lesser ppl buy manuals as they are the more expensive option. And so more rare to find.

Hell Yeah, finding a manual v36 is like pulling teeth!

When I was searching, over say 2 months there were 10+ autos each week. I only saw maybe 5 or so manuals go through in total and they were fetching a heap more than auto.

Good old demand and supply.

I gave up on auctions and sourced it elsewhere.

only reason I sourced one from Japan was there was only 1 manual S in Melbourne for sale and was white.

Hopefully this will mean will make it easier to sell mine in the coming months.

Mine is blue which is popular on v35's but extremely rare for a v36.