SAU Community

R34 Gt-T Seat Rails

grant_r34

Hi just bought some autotecnica sports seat,s.Pulled 1 my seats out and doesnt look like i can fit them to orig rail with there unversal mounting bar.Any help or advice needed.Cheers Grant

Edited by grant_r34

From what i can see without ripping seat apart looks like the rails are part the seat not just bolted on is that right.

Hay man I just installed new drift seat into my car today you need I to some serious mods I actually used the standard rails and the universal rails

Edited by grant_r34

Thanks for the offer.After much internet searching have found rails autotecnica sell them for $300 a pair,there the same ones that just jap sell for $350 a pair.Thanks everyone for the help.Cheers Grant

Yeah u need to completely smash the old chair apart so I was abit scared because once u break it there's no going back if you need a hand with it depending on your location I'd gladly give you some assistance .

Edited by grant_r34

The universal ones? They're not gonna fit either mate, notice on the JustJap website it does not mention GTT's in the compatibility list? You've wasted your money if you've already bought them.

GTT's have a unique floor plan, you need to get GTT specific seat rails to suit them. Bride or Recaro are the only ones I know of that make them.

The universal ones? They're not gonna fit either mate, notice on the JustJap website it does not mention GTT's in the compatibility list? You've wasted your money if you've already bought them.

GTT's have a unique floor plan, you need to get GTT specific seat rails to suit them. Bride or Recaro are the only ones I know of that make them.

Well anyone with half a brain would know that, but than again anyone with a full brain would know that when you hear the word 'universal' it always means it wont fit/work.

I actually smashed the original seat apart and used the existing rails as 'Hanaldo' stated GTT has very odd floor pan, So you need to get inventive i managed to use the original rails off the gtt stock seat and combine the universal rails together I paid $55.00 for standard universal seat rails it came with 2 peices of strong steel which i bolted across the original rails horizontally than attached the universal rails too the steel. An there you have it i have full adjustment of the seat still and its bolted down very securely. An You dont have to spend big money on rails from recaro. But than again It depends how serious you are if your after the real thing than of course buy your recaros or your brides and pay hundreds for gtt rails.

Yes, you normally need the bride rails, as stated above the 2 door 34 GTT is a unique seat rail bolt pattern.

I got rails for my 34 gtt from a company called MAD automotive a trader from nissan silvia forum, (not sure if they are still around or not, but might be worth messaging them if they are)

Well anyone with half a brain would know that, but than again anyone with a full brain would know that when you hear the word 'universal' it always means it wont fit/work.

I actually smashed the original seat apart and used the existing rails as 'Hanaldo' stated GTT has very odd floor pan, So you need to get inventive i managed to use the original rails off the gtt stock seat and combine the universal rails together I paid $55.00 for standard universal seat rails it came with 2 peices of strong steel which i bolted across the original rails horizontally than attached the universal rails too the steel. An there you have it i have full adjustment of the seat still and its bolted down very securely. An You dont have to spend big money on rails from recaro. But than again It depends how serious you are if your after the real thing than of course buy your recaros or your brides and pay hundreds for gtt rails.

Personally I wouldn't go down the route of modifying the stock rails either. You cost yourself money there as well because you could easily get $300-$400 for the stock seats in good condition. Smash them apart to get the rails off and you may as well have paid $400 for Bride rails which will be ALOT safer in the even of a car accident than anything you could knock up yourself for cheap.

But that's your choice. I've never liked taking the cheap way out when it comes to modifying cars, it always leads to problems. If you want to modify a car, be prepared to pay for it.

I spoke to just jap told him that i wanted rails for a r34 gt-t and he said the universal will fit,i said ive been told the gt-t has diff bolt pattern,he got rude and said what do i know ive only been fitting them for 10 yrs and im telling you they fit..I rang autotecnica spoke to simmon and he swear,s black and blue that there 645nisr and sl rails will fit a gt-t.Looks like im going bolt them to a milk crate and be done with it.Im getting told so many diff thing,s im stuffed if i know what to do.And Martin i agree im not going butcher stock seat ,$$$ isnt a problem so ill spend what i gotta spend

Personally I wouldn't go down the route of modifying the stock rails either. You cost yourself money there as well because you could easily get $300-$400 for the stock seats in good condition. Smash them apart to get the rails off and you may as well have paid $400 for Bride rails which will be ALOT safer in the even of a car accident than anything you could knock up yourself for cheap.

But that's your choice. I've never liked taking the cheap way out when it comes to modifying cars, it always leads to problems. If you want to modify a car, be prepared to pay for it.

Edited by grant_r34

I do have a brain mate,ive never changed the seats before,bride rails ive been told will only fit bride seats and recaros i cant find anything on the net for there rails find me a link please,the problem im finding is the so called pro,s that sell them are telling me they will fit a gt-t,you go to the dentist he tells you that tooth needs come out you believe him,ppl that selll the rails tell you they fit a gt-t you believe them,ring just jap and ask him if the jjr universal rails fit a r34 gt-t and get back to me.

Yeh sellers will always tell you universal rails will fit. Though if you were speaking to Steve, he usually knows his stuff... But there is no way those rails on their site would fit, I can see that just by looking at them. They may fit with modification, but not straight out of the box. If they fit 32's and 33's, they're not going to fit a 34.

If money isn't a problem, look for some Bride or Recaro rails. Recaro's are usually cheaper, Bride's are usually easier to find. But you can buy them and know 100% that they will fit and work perfectly.

Its sounding like to much shit for seats.Rang recaro 45min ago,he said there rails will not fit r34 gt-t 2 door they tried to fit them on the just car,s gt-t didnt fit,had a gt-t in tas this week try and fit the rails didnt fit.Im going get custom paint job done on some milk crates and use them.My gt-t isnt out compliance yet and its giving me the shits,if i hadnt put deposit on it id ring auto japan and say dont want it.

Yeh sellers will always tell you universal rails will fit. Though if you were speaking to Steve, he usually knows his stuff... But there is no way those rails on their site would fit, I can see that just by looking at them. They may fit with modification, but not straight out of the box. If they fit 32's and 33's, they're not going to fit a 34.

If money isn't a problem, look for some Bride or Recaro rails. Recaro's are usually cheaper, Bride's are usually easier to find. But you can buy them and know 100% that they will fit and work perfectly.

If you have them who did u get them thru and are they for top mount seats

Ring Recaro back and ask to speak to someone else, bloke doesn't know what he is talking about. I've got Recaro rails in my car.

I got them second-hand through a member on here mate, so can't help you there. But I think they still have part numbers on them so I'll go have a look quickly.

As for the seats, they are Sparco Torino II's and yes they are bottom mounted.

Edited by Hanaldo