SAU Community

Pfft Double Points

Kinks

Double points is so frustrating, I end up doing 522km to a tank in suburban driving (57L, 10.9L/100km). How am I supposed to complain about poor fuel consumption when I can't even hit boost for fear of losing my licence?

:P

double demeirits, who cares, I drove 3000km in NSW in the last week and didnt see one cop...

sorry I lie, I got breathtested by one on xmas eve in some bushwhacker town in bumf**k Idaho...

Aside from that every speed camera has a 3 huge signs telling you its there so if you do get busted you really deserve it..

move to Vic then start complaining..

btw congrats on the great fuel economy :thumbsup:

Double points is so frustrating, I end up doing 522km to a tank in suburban driving (57L, 10.9L/100km). How am I supposed to complain about poor fuel consumption when I can't even hit boost for fear of losing my licence?

:P

u sure it wasnt 422km? 522 imo is bs for city/suburban driving..

sorry for hijacking the thread - but if it is true you get that much in city driving, what have u done to your car?

Edited by defari

yeah it's a myth in QLD (one the cops aren't exactly going out of their way to dispell the myth though). only time you get double points in QLD is if you are booked for the same sort of offence twice within (i think) a 12 month period

• 2 weeks later...

u sure it wasnt 422km? 522 imo is bs for city/suburban driving..

sorry for hijacking the thread - but if it is true you get that much in city driving, what have u done to your car?

no BS, and no freeway driving. I was amazed, as ~450km was my previous best.

My best on the freeway is 9.3L/100km, sitting on the speed limit.

Car just has a JJR bellmouth dump, fujitsubo exhaust (very quiet, full size centre muffler but flows well) and a 3" high flow catco metal cat. oh an r34 SMIC. Running 10psi boost.

depends on what sort of city driving it was. if it was cruising on motorways, etc, and there wasn't much start/stop traffic then you will get decent economy. that is the thing with 'city' driving. everyone has a different interpretation of what it is. in a lot of cases what people class as city driving is probably more accurately defined as a mix of both city and highway driving. if you are cruising through the middle of the city on a bypass doing 80kmh or more then that is more highway driving than city driving. it is just a highway through the city.

• 2 weeks later...

pfft to 500km+ per tank in an RB Nissan :) Best I've been able to do thus far closed-loop is 14L/100km (2630+).

Of course, the PFC is fairly venerable tech these days and I'm fairly sure I've never managed to avoid the dreaded right foot at least once per trip.

Still, beggars can't be choosers. It might be dragged from my Cold, Dead Hands but you can never be sure...