SAU Community

Vic - First V35 Meet And Cruise Of The New Year!

Hi guys and hope you all had an awesome time during the break.

If you are all back at work, what better way to escape that to look forard to our first V35 cruise of 2012...

At this stage, the details are:

Date: Either Sat 14 Jan or Sun 15 Jan

Cruise Meet location: TBC - Depends on Cruise destination

Cruise times: 8:30am arrival. 9:00am departure.

Proposed cruise route details: TBD - Mt Donna Buang or perhaps a Great Ocean Road cruise (if Mayo 85 gets us the route details :-)

It would be good to see the guys who came for the last V35 cruise in December as well as those that couldn't make it (come on Melbourne V35s, I know there are more of you guys out there :-).

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Yes, I like the sound of escaping from work!

I had been putting a route together, was heading out this weekend to test it.

So far it was

Date: Sunday 15th or 22nd of January at

Time: arrive 8.30am, depart 9.00am

Meeting Location: Rippleside Park (just off the Melbourne HWY in Geelong) or Eastern Beach Promenade.

Proposed Route:

- Travel through Geelong heading out to Torquay and onto the Great Ocean Road.

- Past through Angelsea and then stop at Lorne along the beach front.

- Then travel back to Geelong and a stop of at Promenade at Eastern Beach if it ain't packed.

Optional:

- If we are keen for more Great Ocean Road driving, we could continue from Lorne and head to Apollo Bay and stop there. All up its almost a 2hr drive from Geelong to Apollo bay depending on traffic (not including stops). And we would take out the Last stop at Eastern Beach.

Given its summer it will be busy. But I will keep you posted after my practice run this weekend.

Cheers,

Excellet work Mayo_85!!

Lets lock in the date as Sunday the 15th of Jan. (Can't make it on the 22nd).

The proposed route sounds fine. Perhaps we can go inland via some twistys on the way back to Geelong from Lorne (the curcuit outside Lorne involving Erskine Falls Rd up to Benwerrin and back down to Lorne looks good, (at least on Google Maps!). Let us know how you go during your practice run.

Edited by thinktea

Excellet work Mayo_85!!

Lets lock in the date as Sunday the 15th of Jan. (Can't make it on the 22nd).

The proposed route sounds fine. Perhaps we can go inland via some twistys on the way back to Geelong from Lorne (the curcuit outside Lorne involving Erskine Falls Rd up to Benwerrin and back down to Lorne looks good, (at least on Google Maps!). Let us know how you go during your practice run.

Ok so if we are wanting to head inland on the return trip. The loop you suggested outside Lorne is mostly a dirt road. I don't think we would want to head out that way. Actually most inland roast out that way are either dirt or local/unmarked roads, which sucks as they look like a heap of fun.

Will post up a proposed route and details after work today and see how many people we can pull for it.

First VIC V35 Cruise 2012.

Details below.

Cruise date: Sunday 15th Jan 2012

Cruise times: 8:30am arrival / 9:00am departure

Meet location: Rippleside Park Drive, Geelong

Cruise routes:

Stage 1: Geelong to Lorne via Great Ocean Road

Stage 2: Lorne to Geelong via Deans Marsh Road

Optional: Lorne to Wye River to Geelong via Great Ocean Road

All you V35 hiding in Melbourne, Geelong and surrounds kick it into gear and get out for a great Sunday drive and meet other fellow V35'ers.

Cheers,

Edited by Mayo_85

V35 SKYLINE DRIVERS ARE INVITED TO COME TO THE VIC STAGEA CRUISE TO UPPER YARRA DAM FOR A CRUISE AND B.B.Q

22nd Jan is the date , two weeks away , just before Aust Day, UPPER Yarra Dam is the location ,

There will be TWO assembly points . 1st Mick will be at Monash Uni off Wellington Rd meeting time 10.00 am for a 10.30 departure and will LEAD the group and travel via the same route as the cancelled Lilydale lake cruise but continue on through Lilydale and turn right at Maroondah Highway and then right into Warburton Hwy , then onto Jarra Junction (approx 28km).

Second Assembly point will be approx 800mtrs through Yarra Junction on your left (plenty of room to park) where the Western suburb guys can meet with Adam and Myself if they wish, that will get us to the dam somewhere aruond 1.00/1.30pm , bring your own everthing BBQ`s are on site.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE USING PUBLIC ROADS ,HOONING,SPEEDING WILL BE FROWNED ON AND WE ARE THERE TO HAVE A GOOD DA Y,

Does anyone know how to contact the "V" guys it will be greatly appreciated.

Guys,

Looks like we will have to postpone this cruise.

We were thinking of having it in Feb and it will be a Melbourne meet and greet followed by a short cruise down Beach Road to Mornington.

Let us know if the tentative date of 5 Feb (Sunday) works.

Cheers

V35 SKYLINE DRIVERS ARE INVITED TO COME TO THE VIC STAGEA CRUISE TO UPPER YARRA DAM FOR A CRUISE AND B.B.Q

22nd Jan is the date , two weeks away , just before Aust Day, UPPER Yarra Dam is the location ,

There will be TWO assembly points . 1st Mick will be at Monash Uni off Wellington Rd meeting time 10.00 am for a 10.30 departure and will LEAD the group and travel via the same route as the cancelled Lilydale lake cruise but continue on through Lilydale and turn right at Maroondah Highway and then right into Warburton Hwy , then onto Jarra Junction (approx 28km).

Second Assembly point will be approx 800mtrs through Yarra Junction on your left (plenty of room to park) where the Western suburb guys can meet with Adam and Myself if they wish, that will get us to the dam somewhere aruond 1.00/1.30pm , bring your own everthing BBQ`s are on site.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE USING PUBLIC ROADS ,HOONING,SPEEDING WILL BE FROWNED ON AND WE ARE THERE TO HAVE A GOOD DA Y,

Does anyone know how to contact the "V" guys it will be greatly appreciated.

Sounds good Mick,

I'm thinking of buying a Stagea, so i'll try and get to the Monash start point on Sunday.

A route for a GOR cruise has been mapped out - see above. Just need people to commit to the drive down to Geelong and onwards. Otherwise we have the Feb 5th cruise set for Melbourne and Beach Road to Mornington.

On a side note. For any future cruises, I have a photographer I can line up (with enough notice) to come take photos of the cruise and our cars for most likely a gold coin donation.

5th of feb!

Hmm.. Karting with people from work... or blow them off and do beach rd down to mornington..

Could probably do both.. thats If i sort out my brakes issue by its the onyl reason why I couldnt commit to last weekend (taht and only jsut returning to work haven't hadm uch time to catch up on stuff)

Luna park sounds good for a meet up point. Will work out the details shortly. Missed you during the stagea cruise. Couldn't join the cruise but was at the Monash meet looking out for you. Huge turnout by the stagea guys! Hopefully we get our numbers up to similar levels.

Thanks for all your responses so far guys.

Please see below the updated details:

Date: Sunday 5 Feb

Cruise Meet location: Cavell St, St Kilda. The angled carpark strip that runs parallel to Luna Park wall. (Facing the beach, Luna Park wall will be on your left).

Cruise Destination: Along Beach Rd, following the coast line to Mornington Pier. Lunch at Mornington.

Cruise times: 10:30am arrival. 11:00 am departure.

Those who have expressed interest so far:

1) Thinktea

2) Mayo_85

3) Interfooler

4) gkzlah

5) ChrisB

6) Dreadnought

7) 81gSky

Come one come all!

Actually have relatives over from the UK this weekend so I'm only tentative for Sunday. Might make the meet but skip the cruise. Will have to see have the weekend pans out before i can say for sure.