SAU Community

Hail Damage

Hi guys,

Thought i'd ask people their opinion about my 98 model R34.

I sustained multiple hail damages to my car (all along the right side, the bonnet, hood and boot). Some are visible front on but many, are only seen side on and at an angle. (The black dots are placed near all the dent sites).

Now my excess is $1700, its with JustCar and I got a quote from a panel beater (Mill Park and South Morang Smash Repairs) for PDR for ~$4,000.

My question are, is that reasonable and will they be able to take out every single small dent so you will hardly see anything. Also what is my right (i.e. if I'm not happy with it can I get it redone or refuse to accept the car)?

Cheers!

Archie

post-54824-0-65518400-1325736275_thumb.jpg

post-54824-0-65549400-1325736705_thumb.jpg

paint-less dent removal is normally pretty good. I've seen cars that were done from the big hailstorm in se melb a year ago, and they look brand new.

I'm not sure about your right to refuse the car however.

Just a tip, if you were not driving the car at the time, make sure JustCar is not adding in the age (driver) excess fee. as i had my old r34 written off from hail, and because i was not driving the excess was lower.

We just got in around 4 - 5 cars with hail damage at work... Ranging from mild to pretty bad. We got a fella out today that does PDR to have a go at one that wasnt too bad with pretty mild dents and when he was done you couldnt even tell they where once there. But they do cost alot especially when removing hail damage.

Edited by Even_Flow