SAU Community

Splitfire R33 Coilpack Problem, Need Pinout! -R32 Fit

Hi gents, here is the prob.. Bought new r33 gtr coil packs for my motor which is about ready to fire but came to find plug doesn't fit on harness. Closer look reveals I may running r32 loom, coils and igniter.

I threw splitfire box but don't remember seeing the Pinout! I can make plugs fit by shaving the coilpack receiving end just a bit but will need to repin plugs on my loom.

On my packs from left to right, - + signal

On splitfire, IB, G +

Can't afford to fry $600 worth of plugs.

Please HELP!!! Tks to all in advance

Thank you mark!! So it appears I'm running r32 coils and igniter on my r33 motor, darn Japan junkyards!!

Since I don't have any OEM r33 gtr coil packs, are IB, + G

factory markings?? Hence Splitfire using the same marks on their product?

Thank you again!

Or maybe I have Series 1 loom?? And series 2 coil packs is what i bought??

You may want to look into this some more as S2 coils have the ignitor built into the coils, where as the S1 coils need an ignitor pack.

I was going to say look at the box, but you already turfed it lol, do you have a receipt for them still, your looking for a part number aomething like, SF-DIS-XXX, where the xxx is a number.

Since I don't have any OEM r33 gtr coil packs, are IB, + G

factory markings?? Hence Splitfire using the same marks on their product?

all are factory markings, they just changed symbols for some reason when moving from 32 to 33

i bought S2's for sure.. i checked the part # so now they will not work.. as I have S1.. classic!!

if your handy with a soldering iron, you may be able to use those s2 coilpacks. in 32 and 33s1 the ecu sends power to the ignitor which allows the coil to ground itself (makes a spark). if you take the power that was meant to be going to the ignitor pack and route it directly to the coilpack, you may have solved your problem

Edited by markdem