SAU Community

Vic State Cruise

coparts41

Hi Guys , sorry for the delay , just got home from Tassy.

VIC STATE CRUISE is ON!

22nd Jan is the date , two weeks away , just before Aust Day, UPPER Yarra Dam is the location , There will be TWO assembly points . 1st Mick will be at Monash Uni off Wellington Rd meeting time 10.00 am for a 10.30 departure and will LEAD the group and travel via the same route as the cancelled Lilydale lake cruise but continue on through Lilydale and turn right at Maroondah Highway and then right into Warburton Hwy , then onto Jarra Junction (approx 28km).

Second Assembly point will be approx 800mtrs through Yarra Junction on your left (plenty of room to park) where the Western suburb guys can meet with Adam and Myself if they wish, that will get us to the dam somewhere aruond 1.00/1.30pm , bring your own everthing BBQ`s are on site.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE USING PUBLIC ROADS ,HOONING,SPEEDING WILL BE FROWNED ON AND WE ARE THERE TO HAVE A GOOD DA Y,

Does anyone know how to contact the "V" guys it will be greatly appreciated.

Any Questions . Dennis.

P.S. I will do a map any update the post.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coparts - I'm assuming the second meeting point (for the westsiders) is the car park at Yarra Junction Reserve??? and what would be the best time to meet (best case senario according to Google Maps is around 12ish)..

Is anyone bring Walkie Talkies??

Sorry to throw some rocks on your road...but are you sure about the route?was checking it through Google (long story short ,the miss has problems with mountain roads so I checked first...)in your second map you are following the yarra river course ...don't know just asking,Thanks.

post-52922-0-88785800-1326699337_thumb.jpg

post-52922-0-40540500-1326699347_thumb.jpg

post-52922-0-30691000-1326699358_thumb.jpg

11.30 / 12.00 sounds good to me ,area no 2 as mentioned is approx 800 meters through Yarra Junction on your left (it is the old highway before the realignment ) and yes most of the route follows the river and winds up through the hills to the Dam, bitumen road is good as we traversed it in the opposite direction the last cruise

Hi Guys , sorry for the delay , just got home from Tassy.

VIC STATE CRUISE is ON!

22nd Jan is the date , two weeks away , just before Aust Day, UPPER Yarra Dam is the location , There will be TWO assembly points . 1st Mick will be at Monash Uni off Wellington Rd meeting time 10.00 am for a 10.30 departure and will LEAD the group and travel via the same route as the cancelled Lilydale lake cruise but continue on through Lilydale and turn right at Maroondah Highway and then right into Warburton Hwy , then onto Jarra Junction (approx 28km).

Second Assembly point will be approx 800mtrs through Yarra Junction on your left (plenty of room to park) where the Western suburb guys can meet with Adam and Myself if they wish, that will get us to the dam somewhere aruond 1.00/1.30pm , bring your own everthing BBQ`s are on site.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WE ARE USING PUBLIC ROADS ,HOONING,SPEEDING WILL BE FROWNED ON AND WE ARE THERE TO HAVE A GOOD DA Y,

Does anyone know how to contact the "V" guys it will be greatly appreciated.

Any Questions . Dennis.

P.S. I will do a map any update the post.

What time do you guys anticipate arrival and departure of second meet point? I'm hoping to join you guys there. Actually thinking of selling my V36 Coupe and buying a Stagea!

Chris

Well, my Mrs has just informed me that she won't be out that long in the morning and she's booked us in to look at a couple of cars for her early Sat morning so I'll probably lob at the meet point and shuffle off with everyone but at some stage zig when you guys zag and head home.

So, who's heading to Monash from the north/north east?

well you can meet up with me at maccas bell street if you want

It's a bit of a shizen place to get to, but it'll be early on Saturday so traffic should be pretty light.

I'll meet you there at 9am.