SAU Community

Over Pits With Hid's In Wa

Hi guys, after what seemed like forever, my 370gt is finally arriving from Victoria this week! I will need to register it in WA asap and was wondering if anyone has got away with passing the pits with factory HID still installed? Is the light obviously a different colour or is it a subtle difference only? If possible i would like to avoid the rigmarole of swapping over twice. Its the stupidest ADR! Any advice appreciated. thanks

Hi guys, after what seemed like forever, my 370gt is finally arriving from Victoria this week! I will need to register it in WA asap and was wondering if anyone has got away with passing the pits with factory HID still installed? Is the light obviously a different colour or is it a subtle difference only? If possible i would like to avoid the rigmarole of swapping over twice. Its the stupidest ADR! Any advice appreciated. thanks

Nice one, Tom. Is it still blue? :)

If you need help with HID's, a member on here from WA is an expert on those things. His username is DRIFT or something. I forgot his name. He's a friend of a friend who did my bodykit for and had chatted with him before regarding HID's.

I can ask for his number or something through Facebook. If you want, let me know.

Good luck.

Edited by VNS 24

As soon as it turns on it dims and then Goes brighter, easiest tell for hid.. um depends who u go to for compliance. Maybe put standard bulbs on for it and then swap them out

it needs to be wired up differently though right? if it was just a 10 min job i wouldnt mind but im kind of time poor at the moment so DIY wiring is probably not an option.

Nice one, Tom. Is it still blue? :)

If you need help with HID's, a member on here from WA is an expert on those things. His username is DRIFT or something. I forgot his name. He's a friend of a friend who did my bodykit for and had chatted with him before regarding HID's.

I can ask for his number or something through Facebook. If you want, let me know.

Good luck.

Cheers Vic, nope i went for a silver one this time :)

yeah if you dont mind, could you see if you can get his number?

dont know about v36's... but with v35's you could just turn on the fog light instead and hope the inspector doesnt notice...

thats an awesome idea for v35's! I doubt they would pick up on it.

Thanks for the replys. I might wing it to start with and if gets rejected i'll go for plan B. Im pretty sure you get 2 goes at the examination for the initial price.. I heard that you can get the cars inspected at various garages these days too?? Anyone know where? I bet they must be much more easy going then those losers at the licencing centres.

I just put my 35 into an autosparky joint to get all the hid wiring cleaned up for pit passing and will be trying soon.. will let you know how i go :P not hopeful but. probably have to change out to halogens to get over the pits.. if you go first lemme know :P

cheers

kohbz

I just put my 35 into an autosparky joint to get all the hid wiring cleaned up for pit passing and will be trying soon.. will let you know how i go :P not hopeful but. probably have to change out to halogens to get over the pits.. if you go first lemme know :P

cheers

kohbz

Will do. Im going to try this joint if i can get a booking:

ANG Automotives

1/10 Malland Street MYAREE 6154

Light vehicles only (under 4,500kg gross vehicle mass)

No motorcycles over 250cc *

Pre-book: 9317 3025

Cheers Vic, nope i went for a silver one this time :)

yeah if you dont mind, could you see if you can get his number?

Sure, Tom. I will do so after work today.

Just have a chat with him and see what he says.

Who ever complied the car should have removed the HIDs. This would of made it easier to get registered in your state. When mine was complied I just asked for my HIDs back and after the car was registered I put them back in.

Andrew, V36 HIDs are auto leveling but they don't have the washers which what's required to meet the latest ADR,

Who ever complied the car should have removed the HIDs. This would of made it easier to get registered in your state. When mine was complied I just asked for my HIDs back and after the car was registered I put them back in.

Andrew, V36 HIDs are auto leveling but they don't have the washers which what's required to meet the latest ADR,

The cars registered in VIC. They passed it over there only a few months back but im pretty sure its less strict there. I'll let you know how i go in the inspection tomorrow. All this because a little bug got squashed on a headlight. :merli:

The cars registered in VIC. They passed it over there only a few months back but im pretty sure its less strict there. I'll let you know how i go in the inspection tomorrow. All this because a little bug got squashed on a headlight. :merli:

Ah, so the car is already registered. When it was complied it would have had the HIDs removed then, once it was registered the previous owner would have refitted them. Compliance requirements are nation wide, HIDs are removed if they don't meet ADRs.

Ah, so the car is already registered. When it was complied it would have had the HIDs removed then, once it was registered the previous owner would have refitted them. Compliance requirements are nation wide, HIDs are removed if they don't meet ADRs.

It wasnt done at comliance and it passed in VIC. AND good news!! It passed here too..

Word of advice. Take your cars to private garages for inspections, not licencing centres. The owner was a young, easy going guy.

Im happy as larry :)