SAU Community

The Very Slow Upgrade Of Joe's R33 Gts T

Hi all,

I did a little intro thread a while ago now, and thought a build thread would be in order.

anyway, here we go.

the name is Joe, and i own a 94 R33 GTS T, bought my skyline approximentely 6 months ago now, during a period when i wasn't able to drive, the car came with the following, FMIC, 3" turbo back exhaust, and 17" rims.

since then i have done a few things, they are as follows:

full stereo

mongoose alarm system

K&N Apollo CAI

GFB boost tee

boost gauge

car is running 9 PSI at present.

now as the title states, this build thread will take a very long time, as the "boss" doesn't share my passion for cars and upgrades, but i am hoping to change that soonish, as i don't like having my car stock

please keep an eye on thread, and please be patient

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok well i haven't updated anything, because well lets face it, i haven't a. had the time and b. haven't had the funds to do anything, that aside, i have been looking at replacing the fuel pump, now i have done a little research and found a topic that outlines how to do the job, but it is for the bosch 040 fuel pump, now with that in mind i went and investigated the cost for one of these and nearly fell off my chair, but i know that the fuel pump is something that needs to be upgraded before more serious power can be made, so a lot of searching for pumps have lead me to 2 different brands and i am wanting to find out some peoples thoughts, differences, which one would be better that sort of thing, the two brands i have got in mind is well a. the bosch 040 (or i might go straight to the 044) and b. the walbro brand, in the ways of cost i am leaning to the walbro as i can get the 600+ HP one for around $200, but as i know so little about fuel pumps, i was wondering if i could get some help.

you dont need help you need time to read up on the fuel pumps on here...

heaps of threads discussing this and those threads will have more info than your thread hear will gather...

bosch 040 is what I run, cause from what I read on here the genuine ones are reliable and I didnt have to rewire like for the walbro as it likes constant 12v or something...

and I can run the 040 in tank as opposed to the 044 is for mounting outside the tank, read the DIY for 040 install easy as...

• 3 weeks later...

ordered a few things today,

got a set of Splitfire coilpacks, spark plugs, fuel pump and the loom for the coilpacks, picking them up on monday but will have to wait for the loom to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

well spent some money last week.

got the following items

Splitfire coil pack

Iridium spark plugs

Walbro intank fuel pump

coil pack loom

post-86705-0-77422800-1335777040_thumb.jpg

had to wait till today to get the loom

post-86705-0-69142500-1335777187_thumb.jpg

this should hopefully make the car run very nice and smooth

most of the stuff got installed last week along with a nice oil and oil filter change, loom will be done tomorrow