SAU Community

Group Buy: Buddyclub P1 Racing Rims

siu_loong_bao

Hi All,

Based on mxfly's Thread titled "Buddyclub P1 Racing 17 x 7, 8, 9 -Sydney", please find below an offer for a Group Buy:

ITEM:

BUDDYCLUB P1 RACING Rims. In 17 inch, width ranging from 7, 8 and 9 inch. Staggered sets are ok (I will be ordering 17"x8" for the front and 17"x9" for the rear). Price is for 4 rims in any of the 3 colours available, namely, Racing White / Titanium Silver / Hyper Gold. Any stud and Offset available at request. Further info can be found at the following link: http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1r/p1r.html

PRICE:

A minimum of 10 buyers must be interested and willing to direct deposit a full amount in order for this Group Buy to go ahead. $1399.95 for a set of 4. This price ALSO INCLUDES delivery to your doorstep. DIRT CHEAP!!!!!

SELLER / LOCATION / AVAILABILITY:

Seller is Slidewize Imports located in Melb (www.slidewizeimports.com), I have arranged this Group Buy with them. All rims will be directly ordered and shipped from Japan and will take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive from date of when full payments are made. Please note that if you own an s13, Slidewize will have stock available for you.

DISCLAIMER:

I am not associated in any way with Slidewize Imports, I just want a set of Buddyclubs at a dirt cheap price!

WHAT TO DO NEXT:

If interested, please pm me (and also post a message here stating colour and size). Serious people who are willing to direct deposit the $$$ into Slidewize's account ONLY!!!! I don't believe in wasting other people's time, so don't waste mine!

DURATION:

I have set the cut-off date to COB Fri 14th May 2004. This Group Buy will only go ahead if a minimum of 10 people are interested. Once 10 people are confirmed, payment to be made by the following Fri 21st May 2004. Details of account, etc will be posted on this Thread if the Group Buy goes ahead.

Note: I have been shopping all around for a better deal, and no one can match this price!!!

***Do not post a message here unless you are an interested buyer***

I do not want this Thread to be clogged with unrelated issues. However, pm me if you do have any questions relating to this buy.

Nelson.

P.S. I am also in the process of trying to arrange a group buy deal with a manufacturer making carbon fibre bonnet lids, boot lids, etc. I will keep you all informed of the progress shortly.

Im down for a set, not sure on colour (still tossing up between silver/gold, for my silver r33). Most likely get the 17x8 front and rear as ive heard 8 is the widest you can legally fit on the gtst, not sure on the accuracy of this though.

Ive ordered from slidewize before and would recommend them to others, hopefully we can get enough people for this to go ahead.

Thank you inso.

An update to the buy - Inso and myself are "In". I have 2 more who have expressed interest (you know who you are).

This means, we technically have '4' buyers. Come on everyone, BuddyClubs are a good set of rims and look great on Skylines (or even any other car). I can't believe there are so few people jumping at this buy. Go check the site out for pics of the rims on their race cars.

If you can find any place that can do you a new set of Buddyclub P1 Reacing 17" (rims only) deal for less than $1399.95 AUS delivered, I'll shave all of my hair off. Oh also, those who would like to see this happen to me must make a $10 donation to SAU.

Remember, COB Fri 14th May 2004 is the cut-off.

As for 8" being the legal width, I am not sure. I have seen 9" rears (WEDS rims) on jay51's r33 baby - No problems at all.

Regards,

Nelson.

Siu_loong_bao, dont want to clutter up the thread too much but here's a couple of the threads re rim width. Don't know whether whats there is correct or not though?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...light=rim+width

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...light=rim+width

Also the $1299 listed in thread linked above doesnt mention anything regarding freight which this buy is inclusive of.

im interested in the group buy, but having watched on a couple forums (mainly silvia ones) the number of different shops (ie. slidewize, modyourcar, mercury motorsport) which are offering the group buy, it gets all abit confusing when they all start to undercut each other. Obviously I would go for the one which sets the lowest price (including shipping), and im sure most people are thinking the same. At the moment mercury motorsports one sounds most enticing, although until it is confirmed whether shipping is included in the $1299 price tag. I would still be leaning towards slidewize. Im not too fussed who the group buy is purchased from in the end, but maybe showing that there is competition out there for slidewize they might offer us a better deal yet?

OohArrGTR: Group buys for tyres are a bit difficult unless there is a group buy for every State in 1 dedicated store. The freight is the killer. As for sending tyres from Japan, I don't think Customs allows it due to different rubber compounds used??? (Not sure) If you would like to clarify this, post a Thread in the Discussions Forum.

200sx: Yes, I have just checked out the link posted by 'pivot'. $1299 is really cheap but then again, does that include delivery? (Yet to be confirmed by Mercurymotorsports). If it does include delivery, I am sure it is for a single delivery to a single address. My Group buy is to your doorstep, there's a difference. I have also left Slidewize a message about the Mercurymotorsports Groupbuy - will let you all know. But at this stage, I currently do not see anyone offering for cheaper.

At the end of the day, whoever that can offer a better deal will get my business. And I am sure that it goes for all consumers!!! If Mercury are cheaper, I'll go with them.

Regards,

Nelson.

Ive been talking to Modyourcar.com.au and they can do them for $1395 This price ALSO INCLUDES delivery to your doorstep.

I want a set for myself asap, so what ever company gets the deal, im in

Please Siu_Loong_Bao check your pm and can we get the ball going on this group buy as it seems there is a few ppl interested (Im hopping atleast 10)

Look forward to your reply

CHASP

Hi All,

Ok, currently as it stands, we have:

Me (siu_loong_bao) - 17x8 front, 17x9 rear, titanium silver, 1995 Silver R33 GTS-t Series 1.

CHASP - are you in? please indicate your size, car model, and colour. You may also wanna pm 'MrZac' (of slidewizeimports) to confirm if he can do PIIs as part of this group buy for a higher price.

Gatty - 4 studs are not a problem mate. 17x8 set, Titanium Silver. Please indicate car model.

inso - 17x8 set, either Hyper gold or Titanium Silver. Please indicate car model.

200sx - are you in? please indicate your size, car model, and colour

OohArrGTR - are you in? please indicate your size, car model, and colour

Geeman - 17 x 8 (37mm offset), 17 x 9 (37mm offset) 5 x 114.5, Titanium silver. Please indicate car model. You may also wanna pm 'MrZac' (of slidewizeimports) to confirm the offsets available, etc.

NickR33 - are you in? please indicate your size, car model, and colour

xe200 (from Silvia NSW forum) - 17x8 front, 17x9 rear, will contact him to confirm other details.

Slidewizeimports's email is [email protected]. Also, remember, the rims are backed by an Australian Warranty via Slidewize. I have another link to the rims: http://www.first-inc.co.jp/buddyclub/p1/p1_lup1.htm

Please note that I have also posted a Message on silviansw.com forum to try and attract more buyers.

The deadline of May 14th 2004 is still valid. All those listed above that are still to confirm, please confirm 'in' or 'out'. To all those interested, full payment to Slidewize due by May 21st 2004.

This Group Buy is looking very optimistic and may go ahead. Yeah!!!! :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

Nelson.

Hey

So the total price will be $1399.95, I have already been speaking to MrZac by email and have I want to go P1's as PII's are too damn $$ (More $$ for Mods this way). Just a pitty we have to wait 4-6 weeks after the 21st almost another 2 months hahaha.

I will confirm Tuesday if im 100% in or not, just need to find out a few things 1st, hopefully by then the others that need to 100% confirm will get back to you aswell.

Thanks

CHASP