SAU Community

Boost Sensor

gttiwanna

Yes you kinda do, without being attached to anything that vacuum hose will be sucking in unmetered air (dirt, grease and what other shit is in your enginebay)

That's not such an issue, could simply block off the hose.

Thing is, that boost sensor is wired to the ECU, which will flag DTC's and cause problems. Trust me, I am well aware of what happens when that sensor is disconnected lol.

My boost holds fine drives fine and not anything had gone wrong yet lol I can't see anything wrong with it and ps I'm also running a defi gauge and thinking it is also a boost controller because boost is just above .5 bar and smooth all the way

Trust me mate. I know how the car drives without the sensor. It is going to cause you issues that you don't 'feel' while driving, I'm telling you now. Either get it replaced, or put a 1v resistor inline to trick the ECU.

I'm currently going through the same headache.

• 2 weeks later...

my stock boost gauge sometimes dies completely when driving then comes back up after a couple of minutes. could this be a faulty sensor or instrument gauge? what would happen if the stock boost sensor fails? ermm.gif

Same issue was on my R34 as well. Its intermittent fault with sensor.

Either replace with new one or second hand for $150 the price I got from some wreck yards (bit of a rip off) or contact me to repair yours.

it is an intermittent fault in the circuitry due to bad soldering = dry joint = annoying when boost gauge works on an occassion.

I was searching on SAU to find if anyone else had issues with this. found you, Will make a separate post so ppl don't get slugged paying big money for a relatively easy fix.

Though if R32 or R33 sensors are not repairable like the r34 (well not as easy, but haven't found a faulty one yet)

my stock boost gauge sometimes dies completely when driving then comes back up after a couple of minutes. could this be a faulty sensor or instrument gauge? what would happen if the stock boost sensor fails? ermm.gif