SAU Community

Rb30Et Cef.

Ppl8ceffy

easy budget motor swap, and still looks original, RB30E, done this before, with an ex VL RB, like Nic said swap over all the sensors, top half of the plenium , rocker cover etc, leave the 30e injectors in, run it on your factory 20e ecu, it will run ok up until about 4500rpm, it started losing power and hesitating a bit, think it was a fuel issue, but this guy had a dyno tune done for it, that will be the pricey bit, but it will be huge improvement over the 20e, and you'll still polish a VL of the mark with your lower diff gears

NZ guys probably using late model 20E Cefiro (Cefiro's were made in 20E all the way till the end of their production in early 94) which would probably have the later model RB-E harness.

When I was having drama's with my 20E on my daily (89 model), I got a dizzy off an RB20E powered R33, and the plugs were different.

NZ guys probably using late model 20E Cefiro (Cefiro's were made in 20E all the way till the end of their production in early 94) which would probably have the later model RB-E harness.

When I was having drama's with my 20E on my daily (89 model), I got a dizzy off an RB20E powered R33, and the plugs were different.

ok il try and track down someone with an earlier model and ask the question or perhaps get hold of a later model loom would it have to be cefiro are there any other models that would use same loom?

and nic_a31 i just read your sig hahahaha i remember that classic~! noone understood my attempt at humor in that thread at all!

Edited by shakotan-cefiro

I hope Ive interpreted this right, but the loom that you have is the one that you will use on a RB30E/T if you go down that path, after swapping everything from your 20E onto the 30E, bar the injectors and lower plenium, that way it will run, but will need a tune, or a cheap way around it, a rising rate fuel pressue reg

just to clear the cefiro E loom differences up, series one had square plugs on most of the sensors, eg the dizzy, <<square plugs, same dizzy as aussie R31 and VL, series 2 and 3 has round,

the NZ spec 20E VL has the exact same loom as the 30E, so its no good, VL's run a much older non digital and now unreliable setup that is completely different to cefiro

I hope Ive interpreted this right, but the loom that you have is the one that you will use on a RB30E/T if you go down that path, after swapping everything from your 20E onto the 30E, bar the injectors and lower plenium, that way it will run, but will need a tune, or a cheap way around it, a rising rate fuel pressue reg

just to clear the cefiro E loom differences up, series one had square plugs on most of the sensors, eg the dizzy, <<square plugs, same dizzy as aussie R31 and VL, series 2 and 3 has round,

the NZ spec 20E VL has the exact same loom as the 30E, so its no good, VL's run a much older non digital and now unreliable setup that is completely different to cefiro

ok so firstly i hope im not posting in wrong thread pretty sure this thread was started by my friend..

we will remove rb20e leave loom in, pretty sure its 1991 model

bolt the 30e+t using a combination of nissan engine mounts ive used before (so there is no clearance issues) use rb30et ecu bolt all accessories to the r30e ps alt etc

why must we retain the top half of the 20e plenum ?

if its just a matter of swapping over plugs ie square to round or vice versa thats no problem just dont wanna be splitting looms apart and rewiring shit cos i f**kin hate doin and it gives me a migraine

you can't use a RB30 ECU on a cefiro loom, the whole setup is completly different, you'll know what im talking about when you compare the two, no technology in that injection system, like Ive said, no wiring needs to done if you run the RB20E ecu, but it will need a tune,

to run the later style injection on the 30 you'll need to swap the plenium over, you may not have to being an early one, I did but that one was a series 2, and it makes it look factory, keeping the law man happy, you don't want the law to know you have an older engine in there, if it ever came to that

also You do not want to run a RB30ET ECU on a RB30E + T you WILL kill the engine

you wont need to swap any plugs, remember you are using all accesories off your 20e

or just save the extra coin and get R32 front cut for 2k like I did and be done with it

Edited by VRdrift

you can't use a RB30 ECU on a cefiro loom, the whole setup is completly different, you'll know what im talking about when you compare the two, no technology in that injection system, like Ive said, no wiring needs to done if you run the RB20E ecu, but it will need a tune,

to run the later style injection on the 30 you'll need to swap the plenium over, you may not have to being an early one, I did but that one was a series 2, and it makes it look factory, keeping the law man happy, you don't want the law to know you have an older engine in there, if it ever came to that

also You do not want to run a RB30ET ECU on a RB30E + T you WILL kill the engine

you wont need to swap any plugs, remember you are using all accesories off your 20e

or just save the extra coin and get R32 front cut for 2k like I did and be done with it

we wont be usind rb20det as the plan is for him to put the rb30e in, and then modify that after he gets his open license and eventually build an rb25/30

ok so rb30 ecu wont work will the rb20e wont supply enough fuel to the 3ltr can the 20e ecu be nistune chipped to run the 30 with bigger injectors and turbo down the track (sorry to keep asking about this there's just so much conflicting info we appreciate the help)

plenum swap isnt a problem if its needed is the plenum a straight bolt on or will it need to be modified ,retaining the factory look is a good thing and not having to swap plugs will save alot of time

thanks for ya time vrdrift an nic_31 just wanna do things the right way first time, i know its a road less traveled but its good to be different sometimes :) and i think we will be rewarded with some high torque figures

Edited by shakotan-cefiro

the 20e fuel pump should be fine, my cef was a 20DE and after going to DET, it was up to the job, but I put a R32 one in anyway,

your 20E ECU can be chipped, essentially all the tuners do is turn it into VN commodore ECU by fitting an EPROM in it. that way any tune can be done, and can be changed easily

from memory the plenium was a direct bolt on,

Glad to help out, I know exactly what its like, been through it, and while you will throw spanners, and say words like DARN, BOTHER, BLOW and DRAT, a 30e is always going to be a crap load better than what was in it,