SAU Community

New Gtr Owner Perth

Davee

• Thought you might be interested in this extended warranty quote. FULL warranty seems to be on offer at a very reasonable price. Too good to be true???
  • Hi David .
    Terry is on holidays for two weeks but I can give you the prices,
    for an extended 3 year warranty on the GTR up to 100,000km it is $1085 inc gst
    for an extended 3 year warranty on the GTR up to 150,000km it is $1450 inc gst
    the warranty is identical to new car warranty and roadside assistance is included as well.
    please do not hesitate to give me a call if you have any queries.
    Az Mddiyah
    Aftercare Manager

National Nissan Dealer of the Year 2011

Ph: (08) 9592 6666
    Fax: (08) 9592 6688
    Mobile:

I highly doubt this,would be great if true,i was told a two year warranty would be around $3000-$4000 when it comes out,which sounds about right for these cars,i think i paid $1100 for two years on my ve ss ute.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hay guys, just checking on the thread. Sent off an email about extended warranty to north side Nissan. This was there reply.

David we are just waiting for the final draft to be signed off by the underwriters being Nissan and Allianz. As soon as we have this we will contact you to organise this with you.”

Cheers mate any ideas of cost?

“Unfortunately I think that is the part they are trying to decide.”

Also my instrument cluster back lights are not working and flickering. Anyone ell’s have this problem? I hope this is covered by the normal used car warranty they give to Nissans used cars. I’m sure that cluster is not cheap.

Also my instrument cluster back lights are not working and flickering. Anyone ell’s have this problem? I hope this is covered by the normal used car warranty they give to Nissans used cars. I’m sure that cluster is not cheap.

There was a recall and 6 year replacement guarantee for the instrument cluster in the US. Check out the nagtroc forums for the details on this, and see if it also applies to Australia

http://www.nagtroc.o...-is-flickering/

Interesting news on the underwriters. I have also heard that Allianz do the underwriting of the initial 3 year wty, so its good that they are involved in the extended one.

Edited by Wardski

I'd say you're looking at 4K a year min. for extended warranty.

$4k a year to warranty parts and labour, and yet for me $900 a year to warrantee the entire car with Suncorp in the case I have an accident?? That seriously doesnt make sense mate!

Your right it doesn't make any sense, except for the fact that in the owners manual I believe there's a section for transmission replacements and we are talking about Nissan here! That's the main reason why I believe the additional warranty will be expensive. Maybe 4K for an additonal 2 to 3 years would be fair, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway insurance companies will insure just about anything these days. Maybe worthwhile seeing if you can get insurance for a transmission replacement only if needed. Basically you're insuring for a 25K failure. As for your $900 a year policy with Suncorp here's what you do. If/when your transmission fails say it caused the car to veer of the road and you hit a gutter damaging one of your wheels. So when you claim for your damaged wheel you can say replace my 25K transmission as well! Good luck with that! :no:

Edited by GT-R OZ

Hahaha, indeed, running into a gutter at the same time I can't select 1st, 3rd or 5th gear is a good idea lol.

To be honest, the only parts I want covered are the big ticket items like Bell housing, Dash Cluster and Transmission. The sum of all these parts replaced would be about $35k. While I don't plan to mod my GTR, but these seem to be the main ones that fail on stock cars.

Coincidently, Mark from Moorooka called today and mentioned that the email that was received by a member of this forum was in error and there is no extended warranty currently available.

Not that I really care at this stage as I still have 2.5 years left, but hopefully Davee is right and Nissan really are working towards an extended warranty for the GTR.

How much, on average is a 20,000km service on a 35 GTR

I was shown the costs of the big services. 30,000kms is $1395, and the 50,000kms is $1495. The others are around $800 cheaper than this - unless you need brakes or tyres :P

Out of interest I had the first 2000kms mandatory, and 6 month service done in one hit, and this came to $385 :)

Edited by Wardski

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i got my 09 gtr 6-7 months ago and had a warranty included with the deal but only got it the other week due to the back and forth with allianz and nissan,not sure what happened exactly but my dealer ended up giving me a 3 yr national warranty.

I was told by the dealer the allianz product was not going to cover everything and there was an excess to pay on claims,just before i picked up the paper work i googled national warranties and there was alot of bad press about them,i also went on the web site for them,

from memory i think they also had an excess too and very limited amount value wise on each claim.

But when i looked through the warranty booklet i received there was no mention of an excess and there is 3 tiers of value to claim up to, plan a)$3000 plan b)$7000 plan c)up to the market value of vehicle at time of the claim.Also you can pick 1.2 or 3 yrs coverage.

They gave me 3yrs on plan C,so seems good on paper,but we will have to see when it comes time to use it i suppose.

• 3 weeks later...