SAU Community

My 32 Skidder

hey guys,

been on here for a while just lerking around saving money and looking for a car, ended up in melbourne over christmas period and found a clean reasonably straight r32 gtst maybe type m? , at a fair price, took it for a test drive put in on a hoist and all looked sweet, so i put a deposit on and flew home sorted my shit on and went back to pick it up early Jan.

Got to the car with no hassles, swapped cash drove away, 31kms down the highway and Bam no oil pressure, couldnt beleive it, so called a tow truck and got towed to the spirit which i was then flat towed on and off mate me with his car trailer at the truck depot for ths spirit and loaded it up and drove 330kms south,

got the car home and it all began took the radiator and clutch fan and timing covers off, found out that the owner before me had put Greddy adjustable cam gears on it but didnt beleive that torquing the adjusting bolts up was the was to do it so the 4 out of 5 have gone MIA attack , what looked like a brand new, timing belt, and taking half the oil pump belt guide off ripping a 5 cent peice hole in the front of the oil pump , so the oil pump was only drawing in air and pumping the air around, not the best lubricant for engines i beleive, so then the engine had to come out because nissan have thought putting the valve of the oil pump in the sump was a MINT idea,

so once we took it all out we found more ghetto shit like 4 snapped manifold studs and 2 were glued back in? a farked exhaust manifold gasket due to studs, torn engine mount, got all this stuff sorted put new pump gasket studs belt on and put it back together and got it running on the first weekend of feb which was also my 18th a few of my top mates helped me out putting it back together and got it running sweet thanks to Ash Courtney and Ben Swan for the tight as tiger times haha,

decided since i bought the car for driftingide enter the test and tune day at barskerville last on the 12th of feb, car was running sweet not faults on a few grip laps, then my first skid session came up, did about 8 laps i belive started getting the first part of the ess and loooped ah, went backwards over a ripple strip and the ripple strip decided it wanted to rip the front left lca out and elongated the bolt hole and stripped the nut off the bolt, luckily enoguh martin was heading back to his workshop and picked up a bolt and nut so i could put i back together and drive it home

SPECS

Engine

fmic

exhaust

ebay turbo, i beleive its a copy of a kkr4**

Driveline

exedy sports tuff clutch

lsd shimmed up to locked

Suspension

rear old gab coilovers

gktech subrame bushes

gktech solid steering bush

Exterior

cheap fibreglass roofwing (yet to be tiddied up and fitted)

stock s14 rims for daily and skidding use

Interior

gktech steering wheel

gktech drift button

momo gear knob

Apexi boost gauge

DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1147.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

DSCF1169.jpg

skids2.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mainly plan on drifting it, maybe the odd hillclimb event and time attack, would be too many parts bought atm as im only a first year apprentice, next item will be a set of bilstein coilovers i reckon, got a track day this coming saturday which should be aweosome, the car is very tidy only 1 tiny little bubble in the dash(hardly noticable) few little marks on the body (shopping dents/scratches)

I believe I saw this at the Time Attack/Drift series today? Nice clean looking car, almost a waste to turn it into a drift car! The suspension seems pretty floaty in the front end when you're cornering, how'd you find the handling out on the track?

haha yeah that was me out at barsky yesterday, yeah it has pretty standard /crap suspension , has stock front , but has rear gabs? i think they are which are shit anyway, doesnt handle the best trying to do circuit, but i found it was drifting alright for what was on the car , was only my second time drifting ever

THERE NEVER TOO CLEAN!,

• 2 weeks later...

well hit the time ttack and drift battle day, up , day went extremly well car was running sweet , started going alright around barsky, through the prctice session, then up came qualifying and on my first run spun threw the esses, was abit anoyed as i had been doing better before hand, went round and did my next qualifying lap and sorta strung it togerer, ended up in the top 8 (we only had a top 8 due to entrant numbers), i qualified 8th but didnt care was mega stoked to even get in the battles for my second drift day ever,

in my chase lap went alright , but spun in my lead run again through the esses but didnt really care as i had a awesome day and didnt even expect to qualify,

inbetween all the drift was the time attack sessions, i only went out in them to check the car was running right and play with my boost, came out with a 1m10s lap with my skid tires on and hitting boost cut, also had abit of brake fade down the back straight

only damage i did during the day, my shimmed diff shattered a viscuss centre but that has since been fixxed

finally removing hicas, also picked up an 52mm alloy raidiator dual core, cutting the front spings until i pay off my bilsteins and fit my roof ring in the next month or so,

bring on may 5th for barsky practice

couple of pics

TimeAttack12_053.jpg

TimeAttack12_032.jpg

TimeAttack12_003.jpg

TestnTune12_659-525.jpg

TestnTune12_659-437.jpg

TestnTune12_659-331.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well this easter weekend has been intresting, on saturday got up early travelled hours and went up to symmons for the latest practice day before adgp, i wasnt driving but i was on the start line,

all day at the start line i was pondering the thought of entering adgp, then after being able to send through 8 car drift trains thought i would enter adgp

So today consisted of ripping out the hicas and lowering the front to settle it a little bit, car is all ready just need a wheel allingment and trailer and im set for the adgp weekend, which should be awesome

il only be entering street class as it will be my 3rd ever track day, really hope they get enough entries so street class goes ahead :/

haha yeah it pretty boaty in the front , but cant afford coilovers and enter all these drift days so im just going to do my best with what i have, have cut a coil off so its 15mm lower, might make a little bit of difference and hopefully settle it a little bit

yeah the paint is pretty tidy everyone who comes and looks at it says its too clean for drifting but meh

well after removing the hicas and knowing that the front left tire was feathering really badly, i iwent and got a wheel alligment done, found out, that the left front wheel was toeing in 20mm more that the right :( , this would be from when i ripped the lca bolt out over the ripple strip, all fixxed now tracking straight, and feel even better than before,

also street class entries are up to 12, so we only need 4 more :D

yeah, is there much difference in lock or just a known thing, how are you getting more lock , usual mods like lock spacers?, or going another route??

wheel spacers (20mm hubcentric) other wise it will hit the sway bar before full lock

rack spacers

changed the location of the steering stop by 5mm which got more lock

which then i needed long tie rod ends

which now means i need to move the rack forward more so it doesnt go to far and get stuck

its a game ... im loosing