SAU Community

Looking For Some New Wheels For My V35

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ Nice - I have always loved the Kai style. But don't bother getting the guards rolled - get some skinner tyres with some stretch - those puffy looking things are a bit :sick: imho

I guess that's a matter of opinion as I find 245's stretched onto a 10.5 rim a bit :sick: , Just a little too ricer for me..............

To the OP. What ever your preference, choose your offset according to the width of the tyre, A stretched look is going to obtain a more aggressive offset.

Camber will also play a role if that floats your boat, just remember that rediculous camber is only going to shorten the life of your tyres. Fine for the track, not the street.

• 3 months later...

Just to give you a rough idea.

I went 19x8.5+15 (245/35)F 19x10+20(275/30)R

In my opinion I think the fitment is pretty sweet not aggressive but not too aggressive.

I figure I'll only need to roll my guards if I drop it too low.. (but I intend on rolling my rears as is when I drop it)

Got a pretty good price on the XXRs too.

Just over $1k without tyres.

or just save a bit more and get a 2nd hand set of 370z 19s, last I checked going price with tyres was just around the $2k mark...

Could be less now, check the zclub forums.

hey bro, where did u get the xxr's if i may ask?

cheers

I am considering selling my set if you're interested. Probably a bit too aggressive for what you want but PM me if you're keen. Retail at $4500 just for the wheels but obviously I don't want retail for them. Tyres are Pirelli with good tread. They are Forge MS7 20x10 -0 front and 20x11.5 -0 rear.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=386160

Might stretch the budget a bit if I can find some wheels i like... Love the GTC style with some dish

Hey, great to see another person who likes GTC! I still have mine but keeping them for my next car.

Just to throw in offset info. They are F 19x8.5 +5 (225/35), R 19x9.5 +12 (245/35). They are good fitments, not too aggressive.

Good luck in your search. Be patient & have the cash ready when you find the right set for you. :)

18X9.5+15 all round? front and back? looks tuff as bra!!!

Yep, thanks :) Had to roll the rear guards as was rubbing a bit

Looking good mate, is that the strafe trunk? end up selling your front bar yet?

Yep Strafe Trunk, the taillights are also now wrapped in GTR overlay from bluebat as they were the only thing that looked crap from rear view.

Enkei GTC is a nice wheel OP, about $1500 total too

if you want nice wheels, you need to register yourself on a few forums. occasionally someone has a set going cheap, but you have to be quick.

found mine (20x8.5, 20x10) with almost the exact offset i wanted on a merc forum in QLD for 900 with tyres, +100 freight +200 redrill.

Edited by Deep Dish V35

What are your offsets? I'm looking at wheels in the exact same size for the sedan

20x8.5 +35 front with 225-35-20 (just inside the guards)

20x10 +42 rear with 255-30-20 and rolled guards (poke 5mm out of guards)

fronts should really be +25 so that they match the "poke" on the rears

all tyres are different. i originally had 285-25-20 pirelli's on the rears, wanted a bit narrower so bought a set of 265-30-20... they ended up being wider than the 285's!!

Edited by Deep Dish V35