SAU Community

Steering ISSUES! plz HELP!

Hey guys,

The other day i had a bit of a accident in the wet and hit a curb pretty hard and bent the lower right control arm at the rear and got it replaced with 2 brand new rear tyres and wheel allignment done. However the guys at the wheel allignment place said they could not straighten everything a 100% due to soemthing else (that they couldnt see) being bent. Now the steering is shocking. The wheel is like 10 degrees of centre when travelling straight. So when i let go of the steering wheel when traveling staright, the car shoots left. The other thing I also found was when i turn right the steering feels a lot 'heavier' then when i turn left. Im guessing soemthing is still seriously bent or damaged. My car is a S1 R33 Gts-t. The HICAS light works like normal and its not indicating anything is wrong.

can anyone give me some advice on what it might be? keeping in mind that it was the rear left hand side that i hit hard.

any help/advice would be much appreciated

cheers.

What are the wheel aligment settings?

No idea man. I didnt get them cos the people who did the wheel alingment went through my repairer not me personally, so i dont really know. should have got them though.

No idea man. I didnt get them cos the people who did the wheel alingment went through my repairer not me personally, so i dont really know. should have got them though.

Then I suggest you get it checked and post the numbers, it will be easy to tell what's wrong. Otherwise I would be guessing in the dark.

Take it to a suspension place and get them to check over the car where you had the accident. Like sydneykid said find out what the wheel alignment is on the car. Do you have positive camber on the back left? COuld be a number of things. ONe thing is to check whether there is any movement in the wheel. Could be the wheel bearing ?