SAU Community

Planning A Japan Trip

GTS4WD

Hey guys..

Im planning to go to Japan in Ocober and I'd really appreciate some help with some details from people who have gone/live in Japan.

1) I must get to the very large carpark underneath the freeways.. (you know the one) .. where large numbers of cars meet.

- Where is it?

- What's it called?

- What nights are most popular?

- What's the best time of night to visit?

2) Is it possible to see togue/drift runs in the mountains?

- Is it possible to catch them in the flesh?

- Where?

- Do I need to know someone to find out when this happens?

3) I want to see some traditional Japan, the gardens stay in some traditional accomodation, traditional temples, traditional museums etc.

4) Whats the best way to travel around Japan? Train? What kind of prices?

5) I'm going to try plan to get to Tsukuba.. how had is this?

6) Whats the best way to get to the Harajuku

So far the only places I have planned are:

Kanizawa

Hiroshima

Tokyo

Kyoto

Any advice of what to do in the above is welcome

Where did you guys go? What did you like? What wasn't worth it?

Any recommendations/advice are much appreciated

Thanks guys

1) South-West of Tokyo Bay, Daikokufuto, Saturday is the most popular (you might end up wasting your time if you go another night) - if you want info just type Daikokufuto into Google and there is a ton of info.

2) No idea - sorry

3) I am not sure what you mean in this sentence but if you want to see traditional Japan then you can't beat Kyoto

4) Depends on your destination/location but generally train is the go. There are many options available for train passes etc. Search this forum as many people have used them before.

5) Ask elrodeo666

6) From Tokyo station? By train. This website is fantastic for planning train trips http://www.hyperdia.com/

Edited by *LOACH*

3) I want to see some traditional Japan, the gardens stay in some traditional accomodation, traditional temples, traditional museums etc.

like this:

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3465-1.jpg

all of these photos were taken in kyoto, the last 2 were in "sagano" and i believe the first one is not too far from JR kyoto station ( probably a 1km walk i guess)

the name for a traditional inn is " ryokan". so search for them online and see what you like. if your brave enough ( and not too self concious). go to a onsen, deffinatly an experience.

best way to travel? train. get yourself a JR Rail pass and save yourself a heap of time ( you can get them from your local travel agent aswell): http://www.japanrailpass.net/eng/en003.html