SAU Community

Exhaust Leaking Through Wastegate

Hey guys so I am trying to track down an exhaust leak on my 33 gtst.

The turbo to dump was originally leaking so i put a genuine nissan gasket on with exhaust cement and it has stopped the leak there (sprayed soapy water around the flanges) but i can still hear an exhaust leak, really noticable especially when coming up to any sort of boost.

Got my mate to cover my muffler and sprayed soapy water and found it bubbled up a shitload around where the wastegate actuator rod goes into the exhaust housing of the turbo. I am just wondering if this is normal (I imagine there would be some clearance between the bush and rod) or if this would be the cause of my leak.

Cheers

Dave

That is pretty normally. Must have some clearance for the lever to move or it will seize under heat. But will not make that noise.

Check the dump to cat gaskets under the car. could also be head to manifold gaskets. or just noisy injectors.

Yeah I am thinking head to manifold, seems to be coming from the engine bay. If it is from there will do it after tax, will be sending my turbo to you for a high flow job. Got a fair bit of shaft play