SAU Community

recipe for 350whp rb20?

hello all.

im trying to gather information on parts i should get for my rb20 to get it to 350whp.

this is what i have in mind so far:

hks gt2530

tomei poncams and adj gears.

hybrid fmic with custom piping

subzero intake mani (engine is in an s13)

do you think that this setup will get me to 350?

i also have the greddy emanage and e-01 to tune and control boost.

to keep knock and detonation at a minimum i have some 7mgte 550's as well as an aquamist 2d system.

i know that you can use rb26 cams in the rb20, but what is the gain with those?

any ideas are appreciated!

cheers!

carl

I dont think a 2530 is going to make that sort of power at the wheels unless you have a dyno guy doing you favours, or you are ready to run 1.4-1.5bar on an RB20 in good health with improved effeciency, (cams are a start)

Scrap the plenum and think about pistons or headwork... 255rwks is a big ask from the 2530s ive read about.

hmmm.

well, only reason im considering the front mount plenum is because the engine is in an s13 and the motor sits high as is (currently mounted using the r32 cross member and tranny mount).

i do have an a31 cross member and tranny mount so perhaps that will drop the engine down enough to clear the hood and what not thus negating the need for the front mount intake.

as for turbos if i wasnt going to get the hks 2530 (gt28rs) then i was going to consider the garrett gt3071r which is simmilar to the gt30r but spools much faster (1k faster).

the only problem that i might have with it is that it is about the same critical dimentions as a t3/t4 hybrid but in all the searching ive done i cant find a clear answer as to if it will bolt right on to the stock manifold or i will have to have a newone fabbed up.

carl