SAU Community

Has anyone re-trimmed the interior fascia?

Hey there.

The surrounds of my CD player, ash tray etc and the plastic trim surrounding the electric window controls in my 97 SII Line are lookin dodgy, so I was going to cover them in a carbon-weave look vinyl.

Has anyone done anything to this effect before, or know of places in Perth that do it?

Thanks

Mark.

• 1 month later...

Just finished mine but sprayed it instead. Hardest part was removing all the rubber coating on the original layer, some sections rubed off by thumb and other sections needed a LOT of time to rub off!! Anyhow prime plastic pieces with PLASTIC ENAMEL spray and add final colour coat. SWEET!! :D (May be cheaper than those stickers??) Sorry bout quality of pics as took them with camera phone.

I'm thinking of doing mine to. Just can't determine which would look better...a respray ..or going for the carbon look on the inside.

Respraying the car is cheaper...just need good can of undercoat primer and car paint...hmmmm

Carbon fibre look is more expensive, Autobarn charge like 30 bucks for a small piece...If u're gonna do your whole interior to match, I would say u need at least 3-4 pieces.

Anyone know where we can bulk buy some of those carbon fibre stickyonthingy? :)

cheers.

Just curious if the paint will scratch off easily..

Pentae: Hope not, put clear coats on also to act as barrier so its gotta be a pretty major knock to get through those coats( 5 colour and 3 clear) sticks pretty well with the plastic primer so shouldn't peel.

This is obviously a personal opinion, but don't go with the carbon "look" stuff because it looks fake, feels fake, and generally cheapens the look of the interior.

If you must have something different, paint it (you could always, *shock*, paint it black), or get real c/f.

LW.