SAU Community

Wheel Fitments

Hi

I am looking at buying some rims. I'm just not sure if they will fit my 03 V35 Coupe.

They are 9" rear (265/40 R18) 8" Front (235/40 R18)

They fit the Ford BA-BF-FG.

I have never purchased and wheels/rims before so i'm not too sure what to look for.

Will they be illegal on my car? do I need to check anything else like load rating?

Pic is below.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

post-91741-0-41250500-1338428671_thumb.jpeg

Buying wheels is extremely complex. There are a gagillion topics that have covered this before (even in the V35 section) - go do a search.

But the short answers are: no they won't be illegal (but any rim with decent offset that suits a V35 will technically be illegal, as you are legally only able to increase your track width by 10mm on each side), load rating is not an issue, but the big issue is that any wheel that fits a Falcon will be VERY weak offset and in my opinion completely unsuitable for the massive guards of a V35.

For your reference if you plan to put :

- 8" rims on the front the perfect offset of an 8" rim for the front of a V35 is about -10 (Falcon rims are probably about +30 - so 40mm too far inside the guard to look good).

- 9" rims on the rear the perfect offset of a 9" rim for the rear of a V35 is about 0 (Falcon rims are probably about +35 - so 35mm too far inside the guard to look good).

Edit: you just posted the offset of the rims - awful! They will sit 4-5cm inside the guards, which is similar to stock. If this is the look you are after then go for it, otherwise go find some decent offset rims that will actually look good.

No worries mate. Rims are a personal thing, and some people will tell you that those rims are fine, but in my experience you definitely want them to fill out the guards, as they look tons better!

when i bought mine i took 1 front and 1 rear wheel to a tyre shop got them to test fit them to my car to see how they went, best way is to try b4 u buy if they are 2nd hand.

youd be wanting something around 10 inch with +20 offset in the rear at a respectable look....

but of course looking respectable means stretching the laws...

the best site you can use for ideas is http://www.jonathanr...fset-calculator (Ive covered the "how to measure" in another topic)

Edited by Deep Dish V35