SAU Community

S A U__N E W C A S T L E

GTR-34A

I will keep an eye on any beers (if its an open invite :) )

My car is off to Nathan @ Newcastle Dyno tomorrow for a tune and boost controller! Not expecting numbers much different than standard but hoping to get a mid range improvement.

pm sent.

My car is back from the panelbeaters.

Will post some pictures of it tomorrow. It got stock rear bar, type M pods, s2 spoiler and roof spoiler installed / sprayed. Also front bar sprayed.

Also bought the next lot of crap for it too... venom cat, varex and prosport gauges / din triple gauge mount.

The lowest point of my car is 95mm off the ground, which is the dump. Looks like the 5" body cat is going to hang even lower. Kinda wish I had coilovers right now :/ Might have to add that to the list of things.

As soon as the varex and cat are welded up and the gauges in I should have enough spare for my new wheel setup. Enkei RPF1 17x9 +22 w/ Federal 595 255/40r17 :D

Edited by Bennis

yea all good mate, sounds good...

hopefully i will still have my car... thoughts of selling have been cropping up again, but probably not untill the new year at this stage.

Whaaaa..... I hope your still not thinking of selling!

is a requirement for your new car the colour yellow? :)

nah not a requirement, but i wont rule it out...

still thinking about what i want, if i want 1 or 2 cars etc... test drove a c63 amg yessterday... was fairly impressive, sounded great, alot more comfy than i thought so would be fine for a daily... and had abit of balls, though i didnt have much room to really test it out.

how much?

is this for me??

they were advertised for mid 80s... but i rekon you could get a pretty good one for mid 70s... more than i want to spend, so i may need to re access and maybe look at it next year when work is more steady... would still cost less than my current situation though! and i rekon the c63 with the same tyres as my gtr would probably be quicker on the track... probably not with me behind the wheel though, they are meant to be a handful, but alot of fun ha.

Got my GTR back over the weekend with PFC fitted and tuned, its a different car!

What I expected the GTR to be like in the first place, its only making 238kw (standard injectors running out) but seems a lot more responsive.

On a side not I am considering swapping/selling the bbs lm wheels instead of painting, I dont suppose anyone has a standard set of r33 GTR wheels they want to get rid of? :) I'll post something in WTB later but hoping for something local!

Got my GTR back over the weekend with PFC fitted and tuned, its a different car!

What I expected the GTR to be like in the first place, its only making 238kw (standard injectors running out) but seems a lot more responsive.

On a side not I am considering swapping/selling the bbs lm wheels instead of painting, I dont suppose anyone has a standard set of r33 GTR wheels they want to get rid of? :) I'll post something in WTB later but hoping for something local!

What size are the BBS rims and are they a one or two piece rim?

2piece 17inch lm073 in gold

If anyone has anything pm me to save hijacking general thread

any reason why you want to go back to stock wheels? you can fit nice big wheels in your guards similar to the 34 gtrs ha. bigger wheels, bigger tyres, better grip :)

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind but anything aftermarket look strange at stock height (IMO). I am still deciding if I want it lowered :)

I am not sold on the look of the BBS wheels, I suppose I would consider something like volks as a swap +cash either way but that would lock in coilovers to lower it.