SAU Community

Running an RB24DET with standard bolt ons

Ok after the 3rd time i've written this msg (mods wtfs with the no forum specified msg's?) what i need to know is:

I've bought my car, now i just need to get it complied, its an R31 GTS-X with a fairly worked RB24DET. basically to get it complied i'll need to return it to stock. so i was thinking i'd get an rb20det and chuck all the standard manifolds, turbo, loom, injectors, ecu etc on my rb24 block so i can retain the original engine number.

what do you guys think? will doing this cause major troubles? all it needs to do is drive in to the transport department pass an emissions test and drive out, nothing too hardcore but i dont want it pinging its head off or blowing up.

will it run with larger stroke and standard ecu?

any opinions? sydney kid?

i want to get it complied with the apropriate engine number but not if it costs me an engine.

Ok after the 3rd time i've written this msg (mods wtfs with the no forum specified msg's?) what i need to know is:

I've bought my car, now i just need to get it complied, its an R31 GTS-X with a fairly worked RB24DET. basically to get it complied i'll need to return it to stock. so i was thinking i'd get an rb20det and chuck all the standard manifolds, turbo, loom, injectors, ecu etc on my rb24 block so i can retain the original engine number.

what do you guys think? will doing this cause major troubles? all it needs to do is drive in to the transport department pass an emissions test and drive out, nothing too hardcore but i dont want it pinging its head off or blowing up.

will it run with larger stroke and standard ecu?

any opinions? sydney kid?

i want to get it complied with the apropriate engine number but not if it costs me an engine.

anyone got anything to input?

should be fine, need the std ecu, manifolds and injectors, only prob maybe if it has cams.  i may be able to help with some parts too

yea cool, i'm trying to find the standard manifolds, turbo, injectors, ecu, loom etc at the moment so if you know anyone, pm or email me.

i'm assuming i can leave the FMIC in there?