SAU Community

V35 300Gt Insurance?

Hey,

I just took a look at a 300GT pretty recently and planning to buy it very soon, I was just wondering how much do you guys pay for comprehensive or third party insurance? and which company? Also how old?

Thanks,

Richard

I did an online quote with justcars and they want something ridiculous like 6.5k

Edited by itsRICHARD

Forgot to mention that the 2004 Nissan Skyline 300GT isn't listed on most insurance companies online quote, so I would have to call them up, will get to that sometime today. Also I'm from VIC Melbourne.

Firstly about your car, have you considered the 350GT..?

I purchased my 2003 350GT Coupe around 3 months ago and went through RACQ Insurance (QLD) and i'm paying around 2k for a year (180 per month) for full comp insurance.

Now when you go to insure your car you need to tell them straight away it's an Import, or else they will spend hours at their computer thinking "i can't find his car anywhere". Once i told the lady who sorted my insurance it was an import, she sorted it straight away. My exess is very high though because i've lost my lisense before and i'm under 21, if you buy one of these cars mate don't drive like a wanker because if you prang it you're going to have a hard time getting someone to fix it unless there are a number of Import based workshops in your town that can supply parts for these cars because basically anything you want for them has to come from Japan/US. I've avoided going through Nissan for basically everything because the term "Stealership" is basically spot on..

But in saying all that, my 350GT is by far the best thing i've ever bought. Goodluck hope this helped.

The search button at the top can be helpful.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/174442-v35-insurance/page__st__180__p__6366708__hl__insurance__fromsearch__1#entry6366708

Heaps of info in this thread on exactly this topic.. insurance premiums are very dependant on your age, driving history and which insurer you choose.

I have a 300GT, I am 20 years old (owned it since i was 19 though) and I am with NRMA, I got a quote from Just Car for $146 a month, and NRMA beat it for me, so now I pay $130 a month ;)