SAU Community

STOCK clutch shudders

In the last few weeks I have started to notice that my clutch will shudder a little when taking off in lower revs. Before anyone says "Yeah they all do that", this is a STOCK clutch, not aftermarket. A few months ago, I've noticed the clutch master cylinder is dripping (veeeery slowly) fluid onto the clutch pedal in the footwell.

Are they related? Am I looking at needing a new clutch or something? I do NOT want to get an aftermarket clutch and am looking for the cheapest way out of this as I'll be selling it in about 10,000-15,000kms and upgrading to a turbo R33.

btw, I am in Perth.

MearCat

it sounds like you have 2 problems .

first you have to fix the master cilinder leak as it will get worse .so either a new master or resleeve your old one ( they do a stainless steel sleeve )and put a kit in it .

the shudder is usualy flywheel warp or uneven wear , if you take off with a lot of revs it shouldnt do it for a while then it would go back to shuddering again . unless it shudders badly dont worry about it for the time been just fix the master cil.

My stock clutch shudders a bit when cold, but it only seemed to do it when I give the clutch a bit of a hard time a few drives ago, but it disspears after a while. I think its due to resin deposits on the flywheel causing it, just like shuddering of brakes when you run them too hard.

$250 later and I have a new master cylinder installed. The shudder in the clutch that developed in the last week or so is gone and some gear changes seem a bit smoother. I'm one happy chappy :D