SAU Community

13.5sec for 1/4 mile = rwkw ???

About 200 horespower at the tyres will do it.

235 horses will get you a high 12 provided you get a 2.1 or better 60ft.

Driver skill at the drags = drinking a beer without spilling it levels of coordination and technique (when sober).

220rwkw = 13.47 , the dyno printout it looks like its sorbent brand.

I reckon you'd get away with it with about 160kw @ rears if you're half competent.

13.0 on bad street tyres with 195kw is my personal expeirence.

Adrian

Guest Robo's

I done a 13.3 with 187rwkw with very good traction. I doubt i would have got any better than that. Done about 3 13.4's as well.

I done a 13.3 with 187rwkw with very good traction.  I doubt i would have got any better than that. Done about 3 13.4's as well.

Judging on these, with a good driver 190-210rwkw should get high 12s

i think you will have to concentrate on many other factors to get those times, suspension and tyre set up will be crucial. i was at WSID the other week and was disapointed to see a few R33 skylines running 14s with about 200rwkw. yet there was a dead stock S15 200sx running 13.4 all it had was a cooler, std turbo, std exaust, std airbox.

Im busting to get mine out there. i have 210rwk at the moment, but stiff sus and 18"s so before i attempt anything im gonna throw std shocks in and standard tyres (unless someone loans me something better)

after some practise and tweaking
That's what it all comes down to. Although after 20 runs and $1,400 i'm still only 0.2sec better off ... think I have many more runs to go before I can nail a 13.5sec :D

REV210

i think ull need a bit more than 235horses to get a high 12 in a R33

as it weighs alot more than mine , according to that thereoy i should be doin mid 12's! lol which imnot!

You'd think that but you'd be wrong.

I did a 13.3 with 235 rwhp with a 60ft of 2.3 (205 tyres) . If the car gets a 2.1 or better 60ft time... do the math.

The last dyno the car had after an engine rebuild befre the new owner took it was 240 rwhp , I assure you high 12's will be not be a struggle for it even with a 2.3 60ft.

I also didn't mention that I have a 4.8kg flywheel which does absolutely nothing to the power figure but, did drop the time of the car by about half a second over the 1/4 mile. I also didn't mention the fact that the engine made 235rwhp at only 4500rpm but, due to a tuning issue didn't make any more power above that rpm.

There is more to going quick than being a 'dyno queen'.

That's what it all comes down to. Although after 20 runs and $1,400 i'm still only 0.2sec better off ... think I have many more runs to go before I can nail a 13.5sec :cheers:

How much power you got benm?

186rwkw on the std turbo/ecu.

* FMIC

* 3" full exhaust

* Ex Cam Gear

* Organic Sports Clutch

* 225/50/16 @ 27psi

* Pineapples

* 10psi

* K&N Filter

I'd be happy with a 13.6sec or better from the above setup. Until then you won't see a smile on my face at the drags :cheers:

I had a clutch problem when I did that 14.1sec but excuses are excuses and I have to deal with it.

well either the "average" driver is crap.. or if you ask me, the majority of drivers must be, seeing as many do have 180rwkw (approximately 235rwhp), are crap and only get around mid-13's.. me included.. Those that do get low 13sec are maybe 1 in 10 out there at a rough guess, even with similar "power" levels

or the alternate hypothesis - rev210, robos and the like are pretty good drivers, and actually the minority :cheers: But hey, i'll admit it!

If it was easy, or any "average" driver could get low 13sec 1/4 miles with their R33's and ~170-200rwkw i think we'd all be doing it. Its a fair bit due to care setup as not every car is the same even though it may have same mods, same this, same that - and it can be a lot in the tuning.

Remembing a lot of us just go to their dyno tuner and go "i want max power" thats probably the main problem. Its been a while since i have been to the dyno (or the strip for that matter to run), but i know i definitely would just want maximum across range.. not just top.. stuff bragging rights in terms of rwkw.

Maybe when i first got my car it was like "phwoa.. its got 180 rwkw.. how cool it should go really fast" .. but I guess i have learned better over time.

heheh Depends if you live in wa though..

But yer on a serious note.....

Stock suspension

Big burnout

Grippy tyres

Remove the bumper left and right inner plastic bits (can be seen from the wheel arch)

Anyone got a lightweight flywheel? Hmmm strange it doesn't seem to add any horespower yet you drop almost half a second off your 1/4 mile with one.....

Driver skill? Well maybe you could call it that but, a 2.3 60ft isn't a skilled launch.

Your car makes 180rwkw on the dyno? Good for you! It might not make that power when actually pushing through the wind on a real road. Some do the dynos with the bonnet 'up' and people putting water and friken dry ice on the intercooler .

It's been said before and it will probably get said again.

Dyno's are only a tuning tool.

They are not the only tool.

The people who think they are have forgotten to count themselves.

I agree, but the topic of the thread is how much rwkw for a 13.5 pass... And dynos are the main way of measuring kw

So can we agree on 180rwkw with a good driver and good tyres etc