SAU Community

How Hard Is It Really To Get Parts For R34?

Hey guys just joined this site, i got the chance to get 2000 R34 (non turbo), great condition but i get all these people who have never even touched a skyline telling me that it's impossible to get parts and all that crap. So I figured it'd be best to ask people who actually own one, is it really THAT hard to get parts for a R34 and how often do you usually need to replace things?

Also, if you could tell me some good places/sites to get parts, I'd really appreciate it (I'm in Adelaide for now).

Given the fact it is a 10+ year old car, some are readily available and some arent. You may find some people who stocks bits and peices like radiators, fuel caps, oil caps, rad caps and other little things. Performance parts are generally OK in terms of supply.

eBay has alot of non-performance parts for skylines, performance shops like www.justjap.com, JDM Yard and other Japanese Performance Parts (you can google that) should have stock since people track their skylines and will be in need of replacing certain parts, which creates a market for it.

For things like Genuine Nismo body kits like my one in my sig, may be harder to source, new anyway. Interior trims and panels, electricals and body parts are available every now and then from here on the for sale section of the forum or you can pick something up at your local Jap car wreckers.

I've replaced a few bits and pieces where no one would have, hop over to a wrecker that specializes in Skylines around my area, dudes got everything. I haven't had any issues finding anything so far. Just got to know where to find it from.

Justjap and JDM Yard are Syd stores so it may also depend on whats available locally for you.

Wheels, don't think I need to cover this.

Not too sure about your location, but I'm confident that you'll be fine. Worse comes to worse and you can't find anything around your area, you'll be able to get it shipped there.

Ricky pretty much nailed it. Its not so much that parts are hard to find, more that some of them MAY cost you a mint. In the case of having to buy new from Nissan for example.

Haven't had a lot of issues in the 3 years I've had mine.

Like Hanaldo says, they may cost a mint (some things are quite cheap however), but you can buy pretty much get anything new from NIssan. I am restoring my BNR32, and even though it is 20+ years old, I can only think of one item that Nissan could not supply new. The parts that you can still get new is amazing. I just bought the emblems which go on the door speakers as an example !!

That's good to hear, I've already found a lot of great sites for parts so it's obvious that some people really exaggerate how difficult it is to get them. So for new parts could I just ask at a Nissan dealership or would I have to order online and have them imported from japan (I'm very new this lol).

^^ Do you mean strolling down to the local Nissan dealership, or ordering from Nissan in Japan? If from local, do they stock anything for imports, or does everything have to be specially ordered?

As Ricky said....

Here on SAU > Classifieds > For Sale whether they be items sold privately, from business traders - new and used; there's a plethora of gear available.

Discontinued items take longer to appear but most of those have equivalents.

Nisswreck in SA is a good standby.

For new, there's Just Jap (as Ricky said).

I've bought things from Japan through traders here like elrodeo666, Import Monster & Kudos without any fuss whatsoever.

That's good to hear, I've already found a lot of great sites for parts so it's obvious that some people really exaggerate how difficult it is to get them. So for new parts could I just ask at a Nissan dealership or would I have to order online and have them imported from japan (I'm very new this lol).

Best to ask your local Nissan dealer first before you fork out on what not for shipping costs from japan. I'd be surprised to see if they actually have cabin/pollen filters for my 34 since they seem to be nearly impossible to get around here. I was very new to this about 2-3 months ago. SAU's been a great learning tool. Just remember, as many say "USE THE SEARCH" before posting.

Amayama.com is your friend too... Smaller parts can be delivered cheaper than Aussie dealerships charge... I was quoted $22 for a rubber grommet, got it for $8 or something delivered from Japan within that week....

JJ ( justjap.com ) are unreal and will ship to you, otherwise I am sure there will be someone similar in Adelaide. Don't rule out your local dealer either, take your VIN in and they will generally be able to order some surprising stuff

Yep, i agree with iplen, take your VIN to your nissan dealer when ordering parts as it makes his job so much easier and some of the more common stuff that ive ordered is already in the country (usually Melbourne) have found heaps for both my 32 and 34 but stuff for my (locally delivered) 31 is hard to get as they are getting too old now