SAU Community

hicas on 32

Hi guys,

I put a momo steering wheel on my car just after christmas and I notice that after 15 min or so driving on the fwy the hicas light comes on and stays on untill the car is turned off again.

what could the problem be and how could i fix it?

Also I noticed the other day when I reach 75-80k's the steering wheel moves so its crooked. When I back down to 60ish it goes back to normal. Its only done this 3 times although its really irritating.

what could the problem be? Has anyone experienced these things before?

thanks

Mark

welcome to the wonderful world of problems with your HICAS sensor. Did you replace a already aftermarket steering wheel? If it was the stock wheel did you fit a HICAS boss kit and install it correctly? There is a steering sensor that the HICAS boss kit needs to connect to correctly.

I used to get the HICAS light coming on and some other strange things happen ( with the stock steering wheel fitted ) and I found that as long as I make sure the power steering fluid is at the right level, all seems OK. Have since fitted a dummy rear rack and put fresh fluid through and have never had a problem since.

P.S. No rear steer on street = less fun. No rear steer on track = heaps more fun !!!