SAU Community

is this wearing out a ceramic clutch?

hi guys, just bought a xtreme 9 puc ceramic cushioned clutch. was wondering if i ride it a bit in take off and when reversing am i wearing out the cerami plates quickly doing this?? will i have to learn how do drive on and off. sorry guys its kinda of a nooby question :D

i have one of these in my car its nothing compared to the 5p bb cltch i have in my turbo datsun 1600 hah drove it the other day so little forgiveness

so what do you do do you ride it a bit on take off for daily driving or you just drive it as if its on or off

does it shudder if u ride it longer. If u r riding it that much, it heats up the clutch, which will eventually wear it out quicker. Even though it is a much stronger clutch, they can wear quickly by riding them too much. Just like everyone else says, just get used to not riding it to much and dropping the clutch better.

does it shudder if u ride it longer. If u r riding it that much, it heats up the clutch, which will eventually wear it out quicker. Even though it is a much stronger clutch, they can wear quickly by riding them too much. Just like everyone else says, just get used to not riding it to much and dropping the clutch better.

What kind of pressures are we talking about here? I was thinking of putting a 2800h/d ceramic 5p in my car.. but its my daily driver, and i have to sit in traffic... :S

Brent.

What kind of pressures are we talking about here? I was thinking of putting a 2800h/d ceramic 5p in my car.. but its my daily driver, and i have to sit in traffic... :S

Brent.

Get a sprung button not a solid centre thats what i run and its ok its suposed to be better than the solid centre on/off feel....just make sure that i am right. :aroused: