SAU Community

Wsid 05 Sept 2012

The Bogan

AAAARRRGGGG.

Best run was 12.105 @ 126 mph

I missed gears ( 2nd to 5th is not a good thing), still stupid amounts of wheel spin, I then was given the good word to start in second which would have worked better with more revs as I stalled launching off the line.

I eventually got a good run on my last pass, started in 2nd, launched at 6000rpm, it felt good till I got some wheel tramp, still it was my best launch and time.

My next time out should be better still as Im starting to get the hang of it, I just need to slip the clutch a little longer instead of getting off the throttle as I think this is what caused the wheel tramp.

Over all a fun night.

11.99999999999999 next time maybe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least Nick had some good times.

Mark, how'd that last run feel, it looked better, no stall at least :nyaanyaa:

bit slow off line then some wheel spin then gone

Thanks for the tips mate, Im sure with some more seat time Ill eventually get there.

Ohhhh Mark soooooo close!!!!

I had abit more luck then Mark first run was an 11.9@118mph I was stoked with that then 2nd run punched out an 11.622@119mph

Got close to it with an 11.67@120 then 11.7 and an 11.8

For some reason boost wouldn't go above 1.4bar when it should be 1.55 so confused about that one but all in all car performed flawlessly and very happy with the results

Tyres used were 265/35/18 Michelin pilot super sports

C128BFE2-4167-48AD-A017-A77EAA9917C3-18916-00001B21B6723D24.jpg

that's it mate, more practice and that 11 will come, you have good mph

do you think the second gear launch was better traction wise and with a few runs more do you think it will work for you

60" time on the last?

The 2nd gear launch felt much better BUT the 60 ft was 2,347, the wheel tramp put me off as it gave the car a good shaking at the top of 2nd gear, I thinkl I backed off a bit and it started to tramp, I should have kept up it in hindsight, time will tell.

Did it look like I had the right revs on launch?

yeah it looked much better, to me it looked like your clutch motion/timing was a bit off though, bit slow to get to the friction point then a bit to fast off the rest, which results in rolling off start line for a few meters then excessive wheel spin, your car clearly has the torque to pull second no worries it's just practice, and 6000rpm in second looks the money

maybe look at slightly stiffer shocks, your squatting a bit fast and it looks to be hitting the bump stops

well that's 3 beers time for bed

So close mark, let us know when your heading out next.. Hopefully when I'm back!

Nice work Nick, what power is your car making now?

Making 350-360awkw that's at 1.55bar tho was only for some weird reason making 1.4bar tonight so say 340ish tonight lol who knows :P

Im going next week :) lets see if i can get a 11.5 this time.

Nick ma man. Need to nail those 60' times man

Even with your "low boost" thats a low 11 sec car

Yea probably had wrong tyre pressures not too mention the circuit set up I'm running but still very happy with the result

And my ham fisted driving hahahaha

Lap times are what I'm after ;)

Time to get yours out on track!!!

I agree Nick you need to work on your 60's. Back in the day (before my flywheel turned to dust) I was doing 1.6's on worn out Nankangs with less power. You have a solid 0.25sec ET to gain just on improving your 60's.

I agree Nick you need to work on your 60's. Back in the day (before my flywheel turned to dust) I was doing 1.6's on worn out Nankangs with less power. You have a solid 0.25sec ET to gain just on improving your 60's.

Yea you are right im sure with some more practice i could get it alot lower but for me anyway straight line gets a little boring

dont get me wrong its good fun but not what i built my car for

It's great practice for the track. Gear changes and throttle control play a big part in 1/4 mile and show massively in your ET. Transfer those skills across to a 2-4km circuit and you can see how much time can be gained/loss just in gear changes alone.