SAU Community

Stagwagons New Stagea

Stagwagon

So recently i brought an 97 Stagea xfour

as you all will know it has the Rb25de/ vvl head

First thought that went into my head was "lets turbo it"

so far i have collected 1000CC "I D" injectors a topfeed injector rail that is a generic "HKS" part ( comes with a hks sticker but i dout it is a genuine"

intercooling piping bends... somhow have a huge box off it with joiners an random other stuff

two turbos a standard L20et turbo and also a t3/t4 with a dammaged rear wheel and a blowen seal...basicly a dud.

600 by 300 front mount that im not really into due to front mounts laggyness and not working till your at speed

3 exhaust manifolds all standard items an a standard one with a external wastegate welded to it

lots of 2.5 inch exhaust that ive made use off

a adjustable Bov ... would rather use standard items to keep it looking stock

a r33? factory intercooler that i plan to use since itll be hidden

If fitted a set of adjustable shocks an springs that are ex japan and yes i did check them with a fine tooth comb they are indeed straight and have good seals

A MS3X that im having problems with getting a tach signal but otherwise its fine (maybe a pcb problem)

so far... ive installed the shocks and springs an made up an exhaust from 2.5in pipe with two cobys an a bore... ive taken the front drive shaft out

sofar its not that great to drive

so along i went to JapRace an brought myself a ffp and 80mm throtle body

took it home teard open the boxes fitted it together......

rail doesnt fit nicely.....

throttle body doesnt match up nicely.....

i try every configation of rubber gromets an rail postions posible still no good....

come monday i credited it all back guy at the store told me i shouldnt be expexcting quality from a cheap knock off.... i told him that ive spend over $1000 in fuel pumps alone with them for my company they should sell me a decent product... but oh well

off to osaka he seems to know whats what showed me a Rb25de neo plenum.... that got me thinking that itd make do for my turbo application since it allready has a topfeed rail perfect for my new injectors

thats asfar as ive gotten

Plans for the distant future ?

of course r34 halfcut

will post some pics up soon

Any feedback or sugestions welcome

you may have seen me around... in my ute its highvis orange an white stripes with logos allover it an its owned by an insurance company

Washed my car gave it a once over with some polish headed out to a new subdivison to do a photo shoot with a couple of friends and their cars

Facepalmed as the "flash" Dlsr camera doesnt work....

gonna try again with another camera latter this week

Interesting bag of parts!

You need to decide how much power you want and buy parts to suit.

If you want to stick with the side mount (you won't) you will be limited to about 200 - 220 awkw. With a decent return flow front mount you could make up to 240 -260kw. I guess you're not that wedded to a side mount since you were looking at a FF plenum. You may as well fit the 600 x300 that you have.

First of all there are plenty of RS4T Stageas with the RB25DET for sale between $4000 - $5000 and that would be a better place to start but if you are determined to +T the one you have then:

R33 turbo kit would be a good place to start.

Look for some sidefeed injectors. Have you still got the ID1000s? I might be interested in swapping them for my 550 Deatscherks (good for more than 300kw) + cash

Stock 65mm throttle body will be fine.

2 1/2in exhaust will be a limitation later but fine for basic turbo set up.

I may know where there is a Series 1 turbo ecu (guy I gave it to sold his car without fitting it so may still have it). Actually so long as you have an auto ecu will be a problem - you will need something like a Greddy E-manage

Good luck!

Well im back since i was gone i now own a R33 sedan painted green with chromies..... (wounders if they would look better painted black)

picked it up last owner said noisy lifter SWEET easy fix .... recond the lifters put it bak together new cam belt...

first start.... it may have bent a valve or somthing?

either way im starting again

ACL bearings on the bottem

new rings

clean up the head

new head gasket... dunno what one to get yet

plus t it

back in the car an give the keys to my gf with a silly grin on my face

• 4 weeks later...

Alllright

so over the past few weeks ive gone out an sourced a few bits an bobs

Freshly rebuilt RB25det neo

2 1300w subs

6sm of chopstrand fiberglass

pale of marine resin with catalist

sub wires

installed a couple of solid state hard drives in my car that run off usb

A Hp mini 1100 laptop for tuning my megasquirt

a new exhaust muffler that i installed that day

yet another side mount mani for free

rb25det neo plenum with top feed injectors with a GTR ffp welded onto it

couple other intakes off various other Rbs

Also i sold the green r33 to fund the motor :D was too green anyway

Starting to worry more about my car getting nicked woundering if anyone in chch installs alarms?