SAU Community

Apex PowerFC software tuned..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the price is one the web site GM33, if not email them.

Is the software worthwhile? It looks a little unprofessional judging by the screenshots on their website, but perhaps that's an unfair judgement.

SK: I have been meaning to ask -- and if you don't mind me taking up some of your time -- who would you suggest for tuning a R32 GT-R in Sydney? (Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post recommendations).

Edit: ECU would be a PFC.

LW.

Is the software worthwhile? It looks a little unprofessional judging by the screenshots on their website, but perhaps that's an unfair judgement.

It works a treat both as a tuner and as a data logger, we have one for the R32 GTR and one for the R32 GTST. The screen layout is pretty much determined by the Apexi machine code in the Power FC. I guess they could have made it prettier, but then they would have had to charge more for it.

PS; PM sent

It works a treat both as a tuner and as a data logger, we have one for the R32 GTR and one for the R32 GTST.  The screen layout is pretty much determined by the Apexi machine code in the Power FC.  I guess they could have made it prettier, but then they would have had to charge more for it.

PS; PM sent

Jim at CRD has the proper A'PEXi Power FC Excel writer software.

SydneyKid: As to the limitations of the DataLogit system, it is their software, not the PowerFC that is the limiting factor. If you see the Power Excel software, you'd be amazed at what else is accessible in the Power FC.

Mario.

Thanks Mario, I have seen the Power Excel software, but not for long enough to notice any differences other than appearance. Plus the one I have seen was in Japanese, which I don't read very well. Do you have some examples of what is accessible with Excel that isn't with Datalogit?

thanks again judd for this recommendation and being there tonite!!!

before this guy tuned my car, both c&v and then the hitman had a go (hand controller tuned)...i thought they both did admiral jobs - but i was very impressed with this guys tuning confidence and mechanical know how. i dont even think c&v tuned it with a wide band sensor, but just with the sensor up the exhaust :

seat of the pants results are good. no dyno figures to analytically prove it, but, by the way the car feels and after experiencing all three tunes, i know which one i prefer most and i also know which one is more healthier on my knock sensor reading from my handcontroller!

most impressed with how the car pulls with linear power and i dont get the same knock levels from my previous tunes. :P over the next week i'll be giving it a thorough testing, and he's going to revisit the tune to focus on the low end as tonite was just mid to top end (and his laptop battery went dead).

was also impressed that he updated the firmware version of my powerfc with his tuning software :P

the man at work (here obviously keying in data previously held in an sms msg :)):

aaa.jpg

aab.jpg

aac.jpg

aad.jpg