SAU Community

Best Wax To Use ?

buba

I use two waxes

1) for the body in general, a high quality Canauba wax eg Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26

2) for taking off soot & discolouration from the rear bumper whilst running rich, Malco Nanotech Banana Wax. This product negates the need to use polish. This wax also permits the sealant to remain on top of an existing polished surface.

The overall process is still...

Wash > Clay Bar (if required) > Polish (of correct grade and best type) > Sealant > Wax

Hey terry thanks mate . but i was also worried that i would of done something to the paint because it was so hard to rub off when i used the turtle wax . can this happen ?

Edited by buba

It's true that without knowing how the car was treated by a former owner, we don't know how thick the existing paint is on each panel. This can be resolved by asking your local panelbeater or SAUer or Detailer for a 15 minute loan of a paint thickness gauge > thickness in microns = ???

Anything below 120 is thin and extra care needs to be taken if compounding/polishing.

But getting back to waxes, wax doesn't thin the paint. It coats the paint or sealant to give you a shine.

I stay away from any product that claims to be both a polish and a wax.

In between the polish and the wax should be the sealant which does several things which shouldn't be understated.

• 5 weeks later...

I stay away from any product that claims to be both a polish and a wax.

In between the polish and the wax should be the sealant which does several things which shouldn't be understated.

True true, best method is to always start at base one as terry mentioned and ensure you start with a solid clean, the clay bar, moving to a polish/wax remover and then progressing from there into a more detailed polish again and finally sealing with an appropriate wax.

Again, this is all subject to time and budget...and the condition of your car

Hi guys,

For anyone out there that is not running a cat.... hmmmm. During a SAU detailing day, we tested 7-10 different products and found that one in particular worked extreamly well. P21S Total Auto Wash. Spray on to the area, let it site for 30Sec and wipe with a Microfibre cloth, gone.

For a wax there is a Japanese wax we have by Ion Coat called NAVI WAX. It is our best selling wax. There is a light and dark version. Very easy to use.

• Wet the supplied applicator sponge.
  • Apply to a panel at a time
  • Immediately wipe of the panel with a high quality microfibre.
  • Continue around the car.

If you notice any hazing or smearing, go over the car again with a wet microfibre cloth then buff dry lightly with a dry MF cloth. Amazing depth and gloss.

For a mid range wax i have used both the P21s wax and also the Pinnacle Sovereign wax. Both around the $60-$70 dollar mark but last for ages.

With these it is very important to make sure your paint is clean and well prepared. The results are just much better.