SAU Community

My Daily Rb32Gtr

Yeh shift kitted and manualised are pretty far apart strengths wise but from what I understand it's not the outright hp it's revs mostly that kills them. Mike rates it more like a 10 or potentially 9 second box rather than x amount of hp.

Should hopefully be giving it lots of curry this weekend but will be properly putting it to the test next week for the drags and powercruise

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great job and looks smick :wub: I could not open your earlier pics, do you have any more new ones ? Looking forward to see how it all works out for you.

I am getting a RB30/Nitto 3.2 built now for my R34GTR, going for response.

My car is a DD, the only worry I have is the Box , especially 3rd :yucky: they say if you do not thrash it, they will be OK. But with a torquey car I need to make my mind up what to get if I do stuff it.

I just had a look on the web for the RE401B Auto you have used and cannot find much at all about them, have you got a site I can have a look at. What company sells them and have you had much to do with them?

Cheers

Pete

post-52098-0-05704400-1413001503_thumb.jpg

post-52098-0-40617800-1413001624_thumb.jpg

Cheers man eh I have some from powercruise this weekend will put some up!

The 3.2 is the way to go so happy with it if your after response put a gtx35 on it and never look back. 630hp on e85 heaps for a daily! On boost all the time! Haha

As for the auto that shit itself the day I put it in so I don't think you could get any advice from me on it.. I'm dealing with mvs though so you could call mike and ask him about it I don't have a lot of faith in it at the moment but I'm invested so I have to see it out now! Was really good though before I died though so fast with a 3300 stall!

As for the standard manual I've seen more "built" boxes blow up and that includes HKS boxes and stuff than I have seen standard ones blow up.

They aren't as weak as they are made out to be around 600hp.

Mine is loving it at the moment but I think the soft nismo twin will help a bit?

Yeh man had to try so hard to get it going before powercruise too... Very sad it just never engaged third properly first and second was fast though! Look forward to trying it out the second time!

Sorry to hear that, bloody cars ,haha

An extra handful of $$$$$$s should fix it and it sounds like when it all comes together it should be awesome :)

I have the Coppermix C Spec Twin to go in , taking the OS Quad out as I want to have it a bit softer on the box and hope it holds up, but as a DD it will not cop the work yours will.

It will be interesting what you think about the Nismo C twin. A few blokes on the site swear by them and have had then in for years :)

I am not going as far as you with your motor apart from the 3.2 build, changing cams to 260 10.8s, o/s Valves, cleaning the head and I hope the PT6262 does the job (bloody new), rated over 700HP, should be good enough for me,NO track/drag and think around 400awkw on 98 Pump will be more than I need but with a shit load of torque.

Having the Haltech flex fuel Sensor tuned in with the build, just in case ??

Did you do anything else with your driveline, I am going with Quaife front diff, modifying the Trannie +extra plates and have the Nismo 2-way LSD in the Back already.

As a DD going with Endless CCRG Brakes, told they are tough and work OK from a cold start but I think you will have to go with a bit more ratting for track work?

Looking forward to hear happy crap about your Auto Trans :) No hate yet :)

I aways figure it is my car and knockers can get stuffed, I did achieve what I wanted but found out I wanted more. I love the input from the guys that just try and help blokes like me that know SFA about modifying cars and because of them I do understand a lot more than I did but that wasn't much,haha.

Cheers/Pete

well if it costs an extra handful of cash i wont be too happy at this stage its been taken care of by mike but its not back in the car yet so we will see i suppose.. Will be good when its sorted though thats for sure!

You will love the nismo twin so easy to drive but at least for my car its right on the limit but having said that i haven't had any troubles with it at all! amazing how an organic light clutch can put up with the much power!

yeh the head work and cams will definitely help make use of the added cubes. Dont under estimate the worth of a good porting job on something like this!

If you dont plan on running e85 just leave the flex out all together its not hard to add in later if you change your mind.

I put the quaife front diff in but i havent changed anything else. If i was keeping the manual long term i would most definitely be rebuilding the transfer with the usual mods and a gear set in the box but will leave it all for now any come back to it later when i get sick of the auto. Definitely do the transfer case though along with the front diff as torque steering will give you the shits. i dont know what is actually happening just yet but the thing steers all over the show especially in third hard on the pedal! its an animal i suspect maybe transfer case at this point...

My experience is go the biggest and best brakes you can afford... haha having said that mine is still stock with good pads but are next on the list of this to buy!

yeh man i can wait to drive that auto again it was a beast!! will post videos when i get it going again this time!

well if it costs an extra handful of cash i wont be too happy at this stage its been taken care of by mike but its not back in the car yet so we will see i suppose.. Will be good when its sorted though thats for sure!

You will love the nismo twin so easy to drive but at least for my car its right on the limit but having said that i haven't had any troubles with it at all! amazing how an organic light clutch can put up with the much power!

yeh the head work and cams will definitely help make use of the added cubes. Dont under estimate the worth of a good porting job on something like this!

If you dont plan on running e85 just leave the flex out all together its not hard to add in later if you change your mind.

I put the quaife front diff in but i havent changed anything else. If i was keeping the manual long term i would most definitely be rebuilding the transfer with the usual mods and a gear set in the box but will leave it all for now any come back to it later when i get sick of the auto. Definitely do the transfer case though along with the front diff as torque steering will give you the shits. i dont know what is actually happening just yet but the thing steers all over the show especially in third hard on the pedal! its an animal i suspect maybe transfer case at this point...

My experience is go the biggest and best brakes you can afford... haha having said that mine is still stock with good pads but are next on the list of this to buy!

yeh man i can wait to drive that auto again it was a beast!! will post videos when i get it going again this time!

Shit just did an answer to this and lost the Fn lot,hate computers :(

So the Auto bloke is getting it up and going like he should, must have been a stuff up there somewhere, I think all good shops back their work.

When they are doing the reliefs for the cams and putting the OS Valves in they will be cleaning the head up.

Looking forward to the clutch being a little lighter under foot , also putting a slave Cylinder in, the boys say it makes it even better.

Doing the E85 thing, while the car is in the shop I will get as much done as I can, 650Klms is a pain for small jobs and getting back home and then back to Sydney is a bigger pain :(

Have you had the Quaife in long enough to get a feel for it, how do you like it . I think with the Trannie mods it should be interesting on the twisty bits :)

Just put some Extreme brakes on the front as mine were stuffed. After they go I will be trying the Endless , supposed to be tough and work cold OK as a DD..

Busting to see some Vids from your runs when the Auto gets going, all the best with that :)

yeh it will certainly be a lot lighter makes it feel a little bit spongy but if i can drive it around powercruise with a broken leg with no problems it must be light!

Thats fair enough im sure once you start looking for more power the e85 will be handy

yeh you dont even notice the quaife at all infact somwtimes when the car is on the hoist i wonder if its not even in there. those things work on magic im convinced...

Brakes are definitely at the top of the list now for me. I reckon ill get the attkd set up at the moment

Yes there will be some videos made when the auto is back in! see how fast I can go with the 35 and then probably step up to the 42 I think before race wars next year!

• 4 weeks later...

Had some problems with the motor after powercruise so decided it would be a good time to rip it out and paint the engine bay!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1415871229.895575.jpg

She will be looking absolutely mint by race wars!

Looking like twins, I think these cars spend more time like this than on the road,haha

post-52098-0-02909100-1416000382_thumb.jpg

Yes that would appear to be the case so far but hopefully this will be it! Once it's back together I will hopefully be busy chasing fast times at the drags!

Sorted the engine out. Valve springs only had 70psi seat pressure obviously didn't do my homework well enough at that point of the build. Changing up to the big single and titanium retainer set up from kelfords. Take the seat pressure up to a big 105 psi. That will keep them closed!

Bores little scored up which is sad but a light hone will fix that and getting the piston skirts moly coated for good measure too! Should be back together soonish...

I hope

Sounds like you have it sorted and a lot of fun to come :)

Look forward to see the results.

I am hoping to have mine back in 3 weeks and that seems a long time, well if it happens :/

As I am not pushing for the last bit of HP and I get the grunt I am after, this will be the end of my modifying experience, well I guess just about everyone has said that, haha