SAU Community

Silicone Joiners For 34 Gtt

Snake-eyes-racing-1

I need to replace all the silicone joiners on the intercooler, From the one from the throttle body to intake pipe, from intake pipe to intercooler piping, I measured them all. I measured 3in on the hose from intercooler piping to intake pipe but have read that people are using 2 1/2 in hose/joiner. And i would take it that the throttle body one would be 3in plus?

Its a standard intake system so if anyone knows the sizes i need as mine are drying out and all crappy, and think is causing a boost like.

All the info you guys have would be a great help

cheers guys

I think i have a spare 3" joiner from my setup, if i remember i can try it on the old pipes and let you know..... Send me a message tonight and ill go down the shed and try it out :)

Cheers heaps mate, your 34 sounds like a bit of a weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoping to push 250+ kw, need to up grade the turbo fist, Got standard turbo now

and made 213.7 rwkw on 11 psi, which i was quite happy with.

But now i think there is a leak so need to change the silicone joiners!

Pretty good result with a stock turbo, you can run 250-270 with a high flow (plus the basics like injectors and ECU etc)....

Are you sure its the joiners mate? Any shops able to do a quick smoke test for you? It would be a good idea to check before replacing too many parts :)

Yeah mine is good fun! They are a great car in general!

Most of hoses need replacing so i am just gonna go through replacing bit by bit.

Had a hole bunch of boost issues when i put an apexi AVC type r in. But once a new tune with

nistune havent had any issues until a week ago and when under hard acceleration it slow drops

boost so i have just gathers that there is a boost leak some where.

I have been looking at high flowing the turbo, but it cost as much as a new turbo.

Hmmm make sure its not your BOV too, its pretty rare but mine was leaking under full boost and when i replaced it with a GFB plumbed back it was fixed (This is pretty uncommon from what i see on here though)

But yeah i'd be checking all the clamps are tight and the hoses (which you are).... Front mount or still side mount?

I had the same issue with BOV earlier on but changed that to a GReedy BOV

I have FMIC a Blitz return flow one.

I think it is the joiners that a Fingered, been wanting to change for a while but every time i go get some,

i ask people what size to get and they always say you need to measure them, I have. tried looking it up, some say

toy use 2 1/2 joiners and stretch over, some say to use 2.5 into 2.75 and so on. So hope i can get some

good info on what to use and smash it out and see if that is the issue.

I cant imagine them being an off the shelf kit.... My cars done 145km and was running the stock ones up until a few thousand k's ago! I would still be triple checking other stuff ;)