SAU Community

19" Rims 19X9.5 And/10.5/11

Hi Guys,

I am on the look out for some new wheels for the 04 coupe. Just wanted to see if anyone knows where i can source either work or ssr wheels cheap? or even used ones

The prices on the wheels are crazy although they looks heaps sweet! what are your thoughts i have these in mind.

Work VS XX

Work Meister SR1

SSR Professor SP1

SSR Professor MS1

or i could go with these cheapies

varrstoen 2.2.2

varrstoen 1.1.2

if you have any other suggestions please let me know. After the jap look, no chromies... step lip, deep dish is what i have in mind... also what would be a perfect offset?

another debate altogether is do i drop on springs or coilovers? im not gonna track just for street performance...

Work VS-XX, probably my favourite set of wheels on the market although the pricetag is hefty and they hold their value even as used very well.. What colour is your coupe?

Perfect offset is as close to 0 as possible or negative lol depends what sort of style/stance you want and if you have Brembo's or not..

Coilovers for sure, BC BR series.

Edited by Seano350GT

Those rims in those sizes are always going to be expsensive. I'd suggest the Meister design would have to be the most inflated price in Australia when it comes to second hand rims - probably second only to Simmons FR's and closely followed by BBS LM's in the right offsets. But as always, you got to pay to play.

What doesnt help is that these cars run very low offsets and need big diameter to look right - so the sizing is pretty unique to this platorm meaning they are even harder to come by second hand.

In terms of fitment, go to www.rimtuck.com to see some different size/offset setups on a G35. A lot of these setups are more on the agressive side, so just dial it back from there and you should be fine.

If you're going for big wheels and fitment, I'd say coilovers - you'll be able to dial it all in much easier. Springs will certainly ride nicer, but there is no room for error when you're selecting offsets - they'll either clear or they won't!

Seano i have a black v35 70th anniversary....i really like vs xx as well i dont know if i could justify the 4k price tag though lol i could turbo the car for a couple more grand! yea bc seems like a good overall coilover...but if im tryna save money might go springs we will see....

what do u think of the varrstoen 1.1.2 its mesh like the vs xx but it just doesnt strike me like the vs xx does, maybe cause i know its top notch sh**! thats why haha

TBH - i've had fake rims and i've had expensive jap rims.

The only real difference IMO is the real ones hurt a lot more when you inevitably bend/gutter them.

I don't buy into the drama with all the shots of cracked cheap rims etc - so long as you stick to something relatively known - and don't go bouncing your car off ripple strips, then you should be fine.

The Varrstoen's look good - I had a set of these on my Stagea in 19x9.5 - they were brand new so they looked great, and only a purist could spot the difference between legit BBS LM's and these. For the price of some second hand Jap rims in suitable sizes, you could probably buy the Varrstoen's new, put decent rubber on, and go halfway to getting a set of coilovers. Makes sense to me.\\

Might have to go to 20's though - the step lip makes them look smaller (probably because it's still only an 18" center).

4gr8np.jpg

Edited by SMOKEYC34

yea when it comes down to it the work wheels are plain sick, but yea the cost throws me, that plus rubber and coils will put a massive dent in the wallet... im still iffy witht the varrstoen 1.1.2's as some shots ive seen looks real good and some shots not as convincing and these are all on the v35s courtesy of google and g35 driver. going 11's all round is that doable? ive tried serching for some on a black v35 but cant seem to find one so i can see how they look...

ive emailed varrstoen and to clear brembos he suggested... +12 all round, might run stretched tyres...but itll look pretty sweet aye.... would i go hyper silver or hyper black? decisions decisions!

imo meisters are the most overrated rims especially for the cost

There are few cars that they look good on, but they do have the right offsets available for a low, sexy V coupe with proper stance.

Can get some nice wheels in the american modular style that look great on V35's - DPE, Rotiform, VAD.

BC Racing have also introduced a range of 3-piece wheels about 12 months ago - haven't actually seen a set in person but they look nice on ther website and pretty affordable too.

checked out DPE guys some sick looking wheels..thought itd be budget forged wheels...i was quoted 5.5k for one set i was eying...fck that might as well buy work wheels...anyways back to more searching, just want some nice budget wheels,not hard is it?

http://www.bcracingwheels.com/ - not sure what happened to their website

http://www.garasiaut...ls-is-here.html

http://www.garasiaut...m/p/wheels.html

but garasi auto can sell them to you - and he is based in melbs.

Have you gotten a quote on these before??

If so what price do they average at.