SAU Community

Car Wash With Cut N Polish, Paint Repair, Seal, Wax Etc

Xizor

Hi Guys, my r33 is in need of a proper clean including a good cut n polish etc as there are some marks on the paint ever since those buggers at Jack Hillermans repaired it from an accident 18 months ago. Whilst they did a good job on the repair, they left marks all over the car seemingly from where they had taped plastic around it... I don't drive the car much so didn't cotton into it until later. Its hard to explain these marks but they annoy me when i see the sun reflect off them. I dunno if it stripped the clear coat, stained, something that's visible when light reflects off it. They are mostly around the door handles and rear bumper. Anyway, im after someone who can give the car a good solid clean and fix up this stuff as well. I don't want to waste a day stuffing around myself and potentially not even get the outcome I want. So options please.... either around the lower north shore (chatswood/st leonards etc) or Campbelltown areas. Thanks!

Not far from Chatswood at all is...

Eugene Chan (aka JDM_Performance) here on SAU.

He has polished/sealed/waxed several cars that have won awards.

0421.141.538 and he might be best engaged to spend a couple of days on your car.

• 2 weeks later...

You may be able to get away with it by cutting it yourself. I know you mentioned you don't want to spend a day stuffing around but it may be a simple thing. Have you got photos?

Also Terry, does Eugene have a website? I'm keen to have my cars swirl marks detailed. Being a dark coloured car, and having the right products, I just can't seem to get rid of them.

No website afaik, but I'll post up pics here real soon of my 2nd GTR - pearl black.

2 grades of Menzerna polish were used...

> swirls and scratches gone

> Bob Barker, Daily Telegraph photoshoot

> Best Concours M Skaife Award at R34 GTR 21st

+1 what Terry said.

I bought my car off a dealer where Eugene does the detail work before sale. I was very happy with his skills and attention to detail. Sadly now I have to learn myself - so off to the SAU NSW detailing workshop organised by Terry :)

With Bayside Blue...

Before...

EugeneDetail11.jpg

EugeneDetail10.jpg

EugeneDetail5.jpg

After...

Terry-48-1.jpg

Terry-46-1.jpg

Terry-44-1.jpg

Eugene had changed his preference of Sealants from Zaino to Optima by this stage.

Hope this helps with your darker colour too Gary.

I use Malco Banana Wax to remove black soot from the bumpers rather than polish because it won't abrade the sealant. Eventually though, maybe once a year, I'd go back to polish > sealant > wax sequence